Captain
# 11
01-31-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm just afraid that the revamp will kill specialty builds. Can we get an extra slot for dedicated kits, like say Medical?

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 12
01-31-2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Well sucks to be you them since its abundant clear he doesnt even read the forums and of course I never seen Cryptic taking feedback in account unless is in support of their decisions.
Even if CaptainGeko doesn't look at the forums anymore, I'm certain AdjucatorHawk or BorticusCryptic will see this thread, especially if there are enough comments. Both of them have been very open to feedback on Ground combat in the past. We have them to thank for all of the great recent bug fixes with ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
You know, moving some devices into kit powers certainly a controversial choice, but I do think it is the right one. Keep in mind that he mentioned kits would be 5-slot items that would potentially allow you to fill it with fully upgraded abilities(rather than having a mix of high and low tier abilities).
I heard him say that too, but it's invalid, all players with a Mk X very rare kit have 4 level III abilities. Mk XII Fleet kits have 1 level II ability, 3 level III abilities, and 1 level IV ability. Giving us 5 level III abilities doesn't justify stripping away the ability to use device slots to slot actual devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
There are still some details like how a borg modulation device or combat pets will factor into that. Overall though, I think it will be a good change for the game that embraces player choice and customization.
If what he is suggesting goes live, we will be reduced from 9 custom abilities to 5 custom abilities. Yes, the kits are in clusters, but we still get to make that choice. The only way I could see this working would be to give all players 5 class specific kit slots, 3 class neutral kit slots (for the shard of possibilities/ect.), and keep the existing device slots for consumables. We shouldn't have to choose between slotting the Shard of Possibilities and Suppressing Fire. Kit abilities and device items need to remain separate in order to preserve the significance of actual class abilities. Otherwise the kit system will inevitably dissolve into a pure lockbox "kit ability" toolset.
--------------------------------------------------
--->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
Captain
# 13
01-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
I'm just afraid that the revamp will kill specialty builds. Can we get an extra slot for dedicated kits, like say Medical?
Geko confirmed that all existing kits in the game will be kept in their existing clusters when the game goes live. Players make take apart the cluster, but they apparently won't be required to do so. Thus, medical kits will still be put together. However, if you have a Borg Medical Analyst kit, it would be wise to sell it soon. Once this goes live, players will be capable of running that kit combination without paying millions of energy credits.
Career Officer
# 14
01-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Add me too the list of people who don't want to see devices such as the shard of possibilities become a kit power. Ground combat is already unpopular for most and this might make it more unpopular.
Career Officer
# 15
01-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Honestly, those special universal devices like the Orb and the Frosted Boots should just be kept as separate items.
USS Canada
N.C.C. 171867
Sovereign Class
Saint John Fleet Yard
"A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
Captain
# 16
01-31-2014, 09:26 PM
general idea great. but please keep non-consumable devices separate. I don't want to lose all my pets because I had use actual abilities... I don't use consumables anyway
Captain
# 17
01-31-2014, 09:30 PM
Turn my unique devices into kit powers? Cryptic can go right to hell if they think I will quietly accept this change.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR DELTA RISING GEAR UPGRADE COST TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored<
Captain
# 18
01-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Turn my unique devices into kit powers? Cryptic can go right to hell if they think I will quietly accept this change.
Please keep the feedback positive, Geko has stated that this is still in the early stages of development. We still have plenty of time to offer them feedback on the proposed change before they make it.
Captain
# 19
01-31-2014, 09:39 PM
The idea of turning devices into kit powers... I'm having visions of people making "Troll" kits specially designed to screw with people in STFs.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Captain
# 20
01-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Please keep the feedback positive, Geko has stated that this is still in the early stages of development. We still have plenty of time to offer them feedback on the proposed change before they make it.
There is nothing positive that can be said about such a hypothetical change. I stand by that statement. I am 100% opposed to converting ground devices into kit powers unless they allow kits with 9 powers in them, which you know they will not do. -edit- OR if they reduced the cooldowns on some of the 'device powers' so that you could trigger them more than once every 5 or 10 minutes. /edit

But fine, you want me to say something nice. In theory I like the idea of splitting all of the existing kit powers into individual things that can be combined as desired by the player; it'd be a good thing (and would be a good addition to a general crafting overhaul, hint hint Cryptic) and would allow players to have only the abilities that they actually want and none that they don't want.

However, one reason that kit powers are segregated right now is that certain combinations are guaranteed to be overpowered which means a ground powers nerf would likely be rolled out alongside this system. Cryptic has already had to deal with players hot swapping kits by making certain objects or effects unspawn when the kit is removed and a new one is slotted, this would essentially reverse that by allowing the kits to be combined.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR DELTA RISING GEAR UPGRADE COST TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored<

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 01-31-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: I CAN DO GRAMMAR