Ensign
# 251
02-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Hello guys,

after using the Foundry for a while and heaving read multiple threads what the Foundry can or cannot do I have a small suggestion (connected to an amount of work for Cryptic ).

Some of you (well... including myself) complain about having not the right Beam-FX or aren't able to use multiple Animations on one NPC.

What is, if Cryptic would change the "State"-Chart for NPC and so in the way I suggest with the picture below?

http://up.picr.de/17230554ol.jpg

If this tab looks like my suggestion, all users are able to define a row of animations the NPC will do. Additionally it is much easier to implement FX for entering and leaving a room/sector.

What do you say?
Starfleet Veteran
# 252
02-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktrader124 View Post
Hello guys,

after using the Foundry for a while and heaving read multiple threads what the Foundry can or cannot do I have a small suggestion (connected to an amount of work for Cryptic ).

Some of you (well... including myself) complain about having not the right Beam-FX or aren't able to use multiple Animations on one NPC.

What is, if Cryptic would change the "State"-Chart for NPC and so in the way I suggest with the picture below?

http://up.picr.de/17230554ol.jpg

If this tab looks like my suggestion, all users are able to define a row of animations the NPC will do. Additionally it is much easier to implement FX for entering and leaving a room/sector.

What do you say?
Please oh please oh please! I would love to be able to use that!

Another thing that'd be great is the ability to tie an NPC contact to an enemy so that the locations will match on transition, even if the enemy ends up away from the defined spawn point. This would allow for things such as non-lethal enemy defeats.

As for props, there are a couple things I would love to see them make available.
  • Empty platforms and walkways from various factions, such as Federation, KDF, and Borg. Preferably without the support pillars, so that they can be used at higher elevations like in "The Cure Applied" and "Khitomer in Stasis".
  • "Console - Wall Panel 01" with different elements on the display. Red Alert warning, astrometrics chart, master systems display, directions map, viewscreen, etc.

Additionally, I would also like to be able to use the consoles, chairs, and doors from the Origin bridge.

Last edited by theoryfive; 02-07-2014 at 11:35 AM.
Rihannsu
# 253
02-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Want! this!

Sooo cool. lots of little ponds, and platforms, and while it has plants they aren't overpowering. Also, the plants are nearly totally absent from the center.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 254 Disable enemy ships
02-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Probably has been asked but I will ask anyway as I don't really want to read through 25+ pages of posts to be sure...

Can we PLEASE impliment a trigger on an NPC ship (or a simple radio button) where we can disable rather than destroy a ship? Perhaps set it so when the enemy's hull reaches <24% it instantly goes into a non-hostile mode with the disabled ship effects?

As it is now, we have to destroy the ship and respawn a damaged one...

Last edited by prierin; 02-17-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Captain
# 255
02-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
Probably has been asked but I will ask anyway as I don't really want to read through 25+ pages of posts to be sure...

Can we PLEASE impliment a trigger on an NPC ship (or a simple radio button) where we can disable rather than destroy a ship? Perhaps set it so when the enemy's hull recahes <24% it instantly goe sinto a non-hostile mode with the disabled ship effects?

As it is now, we have to destroy the ship and respawn a damaged one...
This, please. I'm having to use the kludge he mentions in my current project.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Starfleet Veteran
# 256
02-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
Same here... Especially since the thread started roughly 2 years ago

Here is some of my list (for now) (also, I am currently limiting this to assets that currently exist in game, so it, theoretically, won't be a big deal to have them put in.)

Ships:

Functional Vesta (currently shows up as 6 red dots and a couple of blinking lights)
Armitage (both as a functional carrier for NPC groups, and as a skin (add it to the Akira maybe) This applies to other Carriers too like the Romulan one)
Dyson Science Destroyers (see the carrier comments above)

Costumes:

Mugato (you can have them as enemies, but not Contacts or Friendly NPCs, but you CAN have Undine Monsterdogs as friendly)
More Costume Pieces (I want to have MACO NPCs, or Remans with ACTUAL Reman clothes, or be able to put bare feet + Risa shorts + Khan shirt on an NPC to make them look like a ragged bum) Please give us Existing Costume Pieces (including Helmets)
Not sure this goes best here, but it is going anyway... Please give us more variety in pre-made costumes, or the ability to have more than 50 custom ones (and maybe the ability to edit enemy costumes that aren't one of the 3 factions, though that may fall into new tech instead of existing tech).

Assets:

New Romulus assets (that says it all... There are literally tons of things in the New Romulus Command and Embassy that I would love to be able to use
Dyson Sphere assets (see above)
Warp Cores and Singularities from Ship interiors
Walls/Doors there are a lot of walls and doors that are used in Cryptic missions we don't have access to (I think Klingons are limited to one door) and several of the ones we do have do not look right when used together. For instance... (the only regular wall I have found that goes with the "Wall - Door ##" asset is "Wall - Generic Ship 03" and it doesn't really go with it, it is just the best of bad options)
Detail pieces (again, that says it all... The walls of many areas are noticeably bare, there is only one painting (while I know several exist) and very few plants (again, I know many others exist).
Computers/consoles/technology ... this is Star trek after all

I'm sure I've missed a lot
Captain
# 257
02-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Do we have this http://chaos-sandwhich.deviantart.co...253A1392580033

And if not, can we please have it at somepoint?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
Also, if it's not too much trouble, more costume options for custom NPC contacts would be great. All I really want to do is have my bad guy wear as mask - even Kahn's visor and mask would be great! Being able to change the color of the costume would be a boon as well.

In short, please give us complete character creation privledges for NPC contacts....
Career Officer
# 259
02-21-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't know if this has been requested before, but I just thought I'd start a new mission, this time for KDF. The story I have in mind would be ideal to start at the Klingon Academy social zone--except the only Cryptic map I can specify for KDF is Bajor!

Seriously?!!

No Quo'nos or Klingon Academy? What's with that?

So, I'd like to request the addition of at least a few more of the Cryptic social zones for KDF missions.

In the meantime, I'll just start my mission somewhere else. It's not the end of the world, I can adjust. If the Klingon Academy gets added, I'll go back later and add it into this mission.
Career Officer
# 260
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Nevermind--stupid me. Just found how to get the Klingon Academy up--by specifying a ground map as my first map.
Closed Thread