Captain
# 51
01-31-2014, 07:17 AM
Well, out of the last 4 major releases, this is the first one that I could actually log in and play. So maybe someone somewhere is learning something. Small consolation for folks who are locked out yet again, I know.
Ensign
I too am having the same issue. Tried disabling the anti-virus software - didn't work.
Tried disabling on-demand patching - didn't work.
Tried deleting the game cache - didn't work.

Is anyone at Cryptic even listening to this thread? Why is their quality control so poor? This is so frustrating as we have only 15 days to get the 4th anniversary ships. Will Cryptic give more time because we can't play? No. It seems that the kneejerk reaction from them is that it's always our fault somehow. The game for me was playing perfectly before 8.5. Now I get Error 36 and that the on-demand patch server is idle too long and I get kicked out.

What a way to run a company.
Ensign
Supplemental

After posting my previous message and doing nothing to modify entry into the game, I was able to get in in under 2 minutes.

Maybe Cryptic heard my message after all.

I hope that those of you still having trouble will have similar good fortune very soon.
Lieutenant
# 54 Still cant get in
02-01-2014, 03:12 AM
its going on day three now i CANT GET PAST LOADING SCREEN and its pissing me off
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
02-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Having the same problem.

Hit engage, game loading screen appears then crashes and I'm asked to report the bug.

Verified all game files, still no help. Unable to enter the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I solved the problem for me by making sure the launcher always launches in Admin mode. I think my issue was the patch not being added properly.
Ensign
# 57
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammers19 View Post
Patched the new 8.5 season, and it wont let me get past the Cryptic Loading Screen. I have verified all of the files and it wont actually let me past the Cryptic loading screen.

Ticket number: 14179889
same problem here nothing but the cryptic loading screen then after 10 minutes it comes up with a message saying something about patch server connection being idle for too long. now I'll never be able to get the new starships

P.S I contacted cryptic customer support three days ago about this and they said they were working on it I can only hope they get it fixed soon because I can see several ways this could turn out one being that a lot of people stop playing the game entirely (including with much regret me).

Last edited by darkwing228; 02-01-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Ensign
# 58
02-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Ooooh look, an error was found, do you wish to verify files?..... this for the 5th time in 24 hours[/quote]

I feel for you It's asked me the same question 20 times in one day I eventually gave up and came to complain in the forum where I found this topic nice to see most people are getting further than me as you saw in the above post I can't even get past the cryptic loading screen

Last edited by darkwing228; 02-02-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Lieutenant
# 59 getting worse now
02-01-2014, 10:46 PM
guys im now running on day 4 of not being to get in now i cant even get launcher to load before this pops up

There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -2 when loading url /launcher_login

so ive gone from not being able to load lor launcher

then for the last day freezing halfway through cryptic loading.

now launcher wont even load. can someone tell me what this means and if there will be a fix soon.
Ensign
# 60 This is getting ridicules
02-02-2014, 02:13 AM
day five now of futilely trying to get on this is getting ridicules now . How much longer cryptic?