Survivor of Romulus
# 11
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Ive got 5 chars with this boff n ive not put him on active ass im **** of boff u cant change the look of for ground missions n as ppl already said no space trait for my space bridge slots.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Career Officer
# 12
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Any chance of allowing us to customize him at all? Even if he's still a plot character and all with a special name/face, not being able to put him in a proper Starfleet uniform or make him part of the crew is rather frustrating. Heck, let us change his name too. While I get that you're telling a story here, it's a little annoying with everyone having the exact same Voth.
Community Moderator
# 13
02-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drreverend View Post
Any chance of allowing us to customize him at all? Even if he's still a plot character and all with a special name/face, not being able to put him in a proper Starfleet uniform or make him part of the crew is rather frustrating. Heck, let us change his name too. While I get that you're telling a story here, it's a little annoying with everyone having the exact same Voth.
I strongly suspect that this is intentional. Or if it's not, it probably should have been.

This is likely the same kind of deal where they give you a BOFF which they can then use as a storytelling hook without messing with your other existing BOFFs.

Frankly, I kind of wish they'd taken that route with the other special BOFFs that we can't customize.

I have a Reman, a Breen, and a Jem'Hadar, all of which could be used for story hooks except for the fact that you can only get them as an FE special reward and not everybody has them or can easily get them.

It's too late for that now, since we've probably renamed them. But going forward from here, it's not a bad model.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 14
02-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
It's useful for those without several accounts or (fleetmates).

And afaik, you can train GW3 with him and reclaim him for some ECs in the rep store. So cheap infinite GW3 for non-sci toons.
Scratch that, I just tried and found out Nelen can't train other Boffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc97942 View Post
This is the question I was going to ask.

Can you use him to train another officer that wouldn't be tradable for training, such as an Android?
As I've just found, sadly no.

Which ... actually means Nelen is pretty much a useless Boff.

AdjudicatorHawk, can't you make him at least capable of training that GW3?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 15
02-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I don't even care about him being customizable. All I want is to give him the dyson armor visuals.

Both are brand new assets, and I'm pretty sure, given the size of the armor, it wouldn't have clipped him.

Please, that's like flipping one switch, turning off the "disallow visuals of x armor" check or whatever goes on behind the scenes.

I would be so happy if they could just do that much for me.
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Out of interest; if dismissed, is Nelen reclaimable?

I note that on those toons where I've left him in the candidate roster, there is a rep store option to purchase a Voth science officer. This is not there on the one toon where I did claim him.