Career Officer
# 11
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Both Geko and D'Angelo have made reference to that. This will be the third version of ESD. We have access to the first two, maybe we'll get this one as well.
Of course, that means I'll then have to remaster "Ghosts of War, Part V" (or at least two maps therein) yet again, after I just finished remastering it the first time...
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Just don't set anything on ESD ever. It changes every couple of years lol
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 13
02-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Just don't set anything on ESD ever. It changes every couple of years lol
I just hope they swap the Bank location with Club 47.

That's some prime real estate next to the Transporters - and I hate running all the way to the back of the station just to put stuff away.

Besides, it's a little embarrasing showing the game to new players and the first thing they see...."Hey, is that a disco in a Star Trek game...uh, pass..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-04-2014, 02:43 PM
I have a strong feeling that the new ESD won't be a circle like the current one. D'Angelo has been talking complete rebuild.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 15
02-05-2014, 06:51 AM
personally i hope the new ESD map has a bigger diameter , so it feels like a lower deck than the current one, that way we could use the current map and a new on in conjunction to let players in foundry missions move between decks?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
02-05-2014, 07:26 AM
I think it would be cool to have it be only a section of the circle, with one side facing into space and the other facing into the interior docking bay. If it were up to me, you wouldn't enter via the transporter room, but via a private docking port where your ship is docked. Perhaps though, that might be a little too much immersion over gameplay.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 02-05-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Rihannsu
# 17
02-05-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm thinking it'll be + shaped. With the beam in at center and important stuff clustered around it. But I don't know....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 18
02-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Several decks would be cool. With something so large, why would ever vital area be clumped together? You'd need a large imposing docking port for arrivals and shipyard; looking inside, like in Search for Spock, which would be cool if they could map on an image of the player's ship to one. Maybe a large departures-like board showing the ship names of every captain currently logged into ESD.

Then you'd have a more cosy outer-ring style area with tailors, banks, restaurant looking out to Earth. Then a few areas of science labs, medical bays etc. which would have basic services and opportunities for foundry interactions. And an operations/Quinn area that would be rather large as it would essentially govern activity within Sol (exactly how many people seem to be running all that right now? 8?

Well, that would be nice. But most importantly it would be cool to build in lots of opportunity for foundry interactions across the whole station!

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Captain
# 19
02-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Perhaps we should look to the fleet starbases as being indicative of their current starbase design ethos? Perhaps with multiple areas accessable via turbolift?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Commander
# 20
02-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I think it would be cool to have it be only a section of the circle, with one side facing into space and the other facing into the interior docking bay. If it were up to me, you wouldn't enter via the transporter room, but via a private docking port where your ship is docked. Perhaps though, that might be a little too much immersion over gameplay.
That is a fantastic idea and I truly hope they do not touch the exterior of ESD, its one of the few truly canon locations.