Commander
# 31
02-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Doubt anyone can answer that question in an objective way.
well, i can try... kind of...
hahahahahaha
good luck to cryptic in finding rich and stupid player willing to buy the stuff.
Lieutenant
# 32
02-04-2014, 12:42 PM
There will be 3 3 ship bundles, 1 pack for each faction at 5000 zen. The aniv ship will have the warp core for 1 four piece set that includes the primary deflector, engine, and shield. It will also have a secondary deflector that part of another 4 piece set that includes the 3 consoles that come with the 3 ships in the cstore pack.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Wait wait wait....

Has it been confirmed that it will be 5 k zen, or $50 for each pack?

I have not seen any indication to the pricing as of yet, so I assume you guys are going with the pricing of 3 packs we have seen so far (Odyssey, Vesta and so on).

But here it's 3 packs, one 3 pack per faction.

We have never seen that before to my knowledge, so the pricing might be different. And the dev post did say "bundle" wich could mean pay one price for all the packs, or just as in single pack of 3 ships per faction.

The best thing would be to offer both, a bundle with all the packs for about $75-$100, as it's not unusual to give a discount when buying"bulk", or the normal $50 per pack.

But until we get the official price, we are all really making educated guesses as far as the price goes...
Career Officer
# 34
02-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Frankly, I disagree on the 'huge' grind (unless we are talking about alt-aholism) while distinctly annoying when the 'follow the Q' gift box thing comes up, it takes an average of 5m to do the daily. And yes, you do have to do the daily for 15 days, which again with the gift box thing can be a chore, but heck, just logging in to set up doffs can take that long, and there is a benefit to doing that anyways.

There isn't a need to go instantly to the pay option, unless you cant be patient. And frankly, thats what the whole idea of the scheme is anyways, to have those who can't take their time and demand instant gratification go for it in the first place.
You do not need 200 boxes, only need 180~250 Lobi for the rest of the Qmendations, so that as about 30~40 lock boxes at the most.
Empire Veteran
# 35
02-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothervisitor View Post
I think if you buy the ship for one faction only it will be 2500 zen each. If you buy the pack you'll get one Fed, Klink and Rommie one from that pack.
I would have liked Cryptic to run it like that but sadly this is not going to be the case.

Each Faction is going to get its own 3 pack meaning 3 of the same ships with a different boff and console layout with a unique special console for each faction.

When you look at the way their doing it seems kind of pointless but what they did was create 3 new consoles that will combine with the Deflector, 2nd Deflector, Engines, Warpcore and shields that when used will get 2 4 piece set bonuses on one ship.

I would have liked the new 3 pack to be cross faction and just have one ship for each faction in one pack and since it is the Anniversary ship offer it at a special price of $25.00.

Yeah I know, what have I been smoking
Captain
# 36
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I would have liked Cryptic to run it like that but sadly this is not going to be the case.

Each Faction is going to get its own 3 pack meaning 3 of the same ships with a different boff and console layout with a unique special console for each faction.

When you look at the way their doing it seems kind of pointless but what they did was create 3 new consoles that will combine with the Deflector, 2nd Deflector, Engines, Warpcore and shields that when used will get 2 4 piece set bonuses on one ship.

I would have liked the new 3 pack to be cross faction and just have one ship for each faction in one pack and since it is the Anniversary ship offer it at a special price of $25.00.

Yeah I know, what have I been smoking
I noticed that when I got my Romulan ship version and it had a different thing on it. In comparison with the fed version.
Career Officer
# 37
02-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Wait wait wait....

Has it been confirmed that it will be 5 k zen, or $50 for each pack?

I have not seen any indication to the pricing as of yet, so I assume you guys are going with the pricing of 3 packs we have seen so far (Odyssey, Vesta and so on).

But here it's 3 packs, one 3 pack per faction.

We have never seen that before to my knowledge, so the pricing might be different. And the dev post did say "bundle" wich could mean pay one price for all the packs, or just as in single pack of 3 ships per faction.

The best thing would be to offer both, a bundle with all the packs for about $75-$100, as it's not unusual to give a discount when buying"bulk", or the normal $50 per pack.

But until we get the official price, we are all really making educated guesses as far as the price goes...
Fair point, don't think I've sen anything official about actual price.

However, it is a very fair assumption.

It's the usual price for a three pack, there are no exceptions so far I'm aware of.

And, quite frankly, I'd be very surprised if Cryptic made it any cheaper than that given their recent surge in monetarising things.

I'd be less surprised to see it more expensive because, yanno, its sooooo groundbreaking.
Captain
# 38
02-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I see a lot of players who keep saying a 3-pack, and keep spreading that information between them on the forum, but I do not remember ever seeing a Dev statement saying it was a 3-pack - as a 3-pack would require 9 ships to be made: 3 for each Faction.

Could you point me to this 3-pack statement?
I can point to indirect proof. The ship in the FE is euipped with 3 unique consoles which happen to be a set likes the Odyssey, Vesta, Bortasqu' C-Store ship sets. And teh console abilities have nothing to so with any of the gear or ships they have talked about in the Dev Blogs.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Do we know how the 3 ships will work?
As in, the FE ship is SCI-TAC.
Are the 3 c store ships going to be;

SCI-TAC
SCI-ENG
ENG-TAC.

So one of each? Or are these ships meant to be science based, and so;
SCI-TAC
SCI-ENG
SCI-SCI

Or just all SCI-TAC with one different console?
Cause thats pretty cheap.
Lieutenant
# 40
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm glad I read through this thread, and I appreciate the link to BranFlake's clarification that the C-Store (Z-store) will offer three separate bundles. It means considerably less grinding for me.

Let's review:

Solanae Hybrid Technologies:

Deflector/Shield/Engine/Core

4 piece set, not bad as a 3 piece set. Piece #4, the warp/singularity core, can ONLY be gotten through the Anniversary event.

Solanae Advanced Technologies:

Secondary Deflector & Consoles: Protonic Shield Matrix / Shield Inversion Projector / Proton Destabilizer Module

4 piece set, and Secondary Deflector ONLY available via Anniversary event.

All three ships must be purchased to get the three console set.

So really, unless you're willing to grind out the Qmendations, *and* purchase a bundle, you're getting a gimped ship. And unless you're willing to spend $150 in Zen, you're not going to have it "account wide", just "faction wide".

So really, if you want the Really Nifty ship, and all the toys, you have to grind, right now, for each character that might ever want to use a Science Destroyer, at any point during the life of your account.

I can deal with the idea that a Scimitar three pack can't be used by my Federation or Klingon 'toons, but I can't deal with the idea that any characters I create after Feb. 10th will never, ever be able to get a non-gimped version of the Solanae Dyson Science Destroyer.

End result: you guys look like greedy jerks.

Yes, the game is supposed to make money. But you're not supposed to be quite so obvious about it.