Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
After trying endlessly to get onto the server tonight, I finally managed to get a slot.... sort of...
...sort of....

It now gets as far as Retrieving list of characters.... and then crashes...

Tried a few more times....

Now can't get on again anymore as before due to lack of server space.
Surely the number of spaces available "should" have been considered before the release of BETA keys....?

Sigh.....

// frustrated
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Update:

Managed to get on again and it's back to the Retrieving List of Characters crash again...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree, and in-game it is slow as hell too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2010, 01:44 AM
In the small launcher for the game, after you login, there are options on the left top corner of the screen, open them and try to activate the option "verify data". It will start imidiately and the hook will remove itself, so it doesnt start over and over again.

Maybe some data is corrupt. If so, you might wanne test your HDD's and or the internetconnection.
Lt. Commander
# 5 I tried that
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Hawk
In the small launcher for the game, after you login, there are options on the left top corner of the screen, open them and try to activate the option "verify data". It will start imidiately and the hook will remove itself, so it doesnt start over and over again.

Maybe some data is corrupt. If so, you might wanne test your HDD's and or the internetconnection.
I tried to do this and I get the same thing. "Retrieving Char list" then disconnected from login server
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyon View Post
Surely the number of spaces available "should" have been considered before the release of BETA keys....?
Hmmm.... Good point. Especially with all this talk of why we can only have two character slots and how much space is consumed by database storage. With that much knowledge at your finger tips to make those kind of calls you'd think determining the number of Beta keys to available gaming slots on the server would be a piece of cake.