Lt. Commander
# 1 System requirements
01-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Very tempted to purchase the game having already played eve online and enjoyed it. (i know its not quite the same...)

I ran eve no problems on my current laptop which is a Core 2 duo 1.66 ghz. I have 50meg broadband running to it with the updates software so get pretty damn close to that performance from normal net applications. Its also fitted with a Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 and Realtek HD Audio.

Having read the minimum specs it looks like my processor speed is on the slow side. For those of you that are running the game would you recommend i purchase with my current setup, or save up and wait till i can get something a little more gucci....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow... I'm underwhelmed by the response i have had from the support people. No response to my direct e-mail to them, and seemingly no interest in the forums either.

Decision made. I wont be buying it.

For those of you that do or have bought the game...good luck and i hope you enjoy it. I can only hope that the support side of things greatly improves for you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsumoto
Wow... I'm underwhelmed by the response i have had from the support people. No response to my direct e-mail to them, and seemingly no interest in the forums either.

Decision made. I wont be buying it.

For those of you that do or have bought the game...good luck and i hope you enjoy it. I can only hope that the support side of things greatly improves for you.
Dude, it's beta, they probably have a million bug tracking tickets open right now they are/or they just don't have a full staff yet working on this game or something. During open beta, you'd be uber lucky to get a response, it sucks but it's how it is.

Right now, nothing is optimixed but you dual core seems OK. Your 7600 is a little on the slow side though, might want to get a card that has an 800 or 900 or 950 in it if your buying Nvidia (well, the 7000,8000, 9000 days). 200, 300 = barely runs windows and 600 = can play some games stripped down to basic. If you have a dual core CPU of that speed, expect it to run at 100% on each core but (guessing here) I bet it would wor. My 2.4 quad was running at 40% per core and someone in game mentioned that they were running at 80% on a 2.3 (?) dual core.

So, what are you running at when you hit ctrl+alt+del? If you're not at 100% on both cores, then it's not the CPU, it's the video card. Try turning the graphics down to minimum.