Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Launcher Broke
01-18-2010, 04:15 AM
It seems that my game launcher broke...somehow. I was playing for a while this morning, logged off then decided to log back on an hour later. However, when I double click the launcher, the program appears in my task bar, and is selected, but no window pops up. I've let it just sit there for about 10 min, hoping something will eventually come up, but nothing happens.

I'm not exactly sure what to do and I really don't want to reinstall the game since I've already deleted the install zip.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Adding to that, sometimes, when I start the client, the "Updating client" icon will pop up in the upper left of my screen but then disappear about 3 seconds later. After that, nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
No one else having this problem then?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, decided to reinstall. Finally redownloaded the installer, thanks in part to cryptic deciding to make it a one shot deal. Let's hope whatever happened fixes itself.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Great success, the launcher window is alive once again! Now to patch the game, then test my launching from the desktop to make sure the launcher opens again.

I would like to thank all the people that helped me solve this problem and an extra special thanks for cryptic making the installer work only once, in the belief that there is no reason to reinstall this game in an effort to save a few minutes from the installation process.