Career Officer
# 1 Borg foundry
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
I am ashamed to say even last year when I played quite alot I never used the foundry.

Currently not near my gaming comp but, Are there any fun borg foundry missions and if so can you post the names and fun experiences?

thanks guys/gals!
Rihannsu
# 2
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Search for mission by Ashkrik.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Search for mission by Ashkrik.
This would be a wise choice :p. Thanks for the recommendation Mark .

Perfection, part 1 and Perfection, part 2 fed side. Make sure yer level 41. Part 1 is kinda tough and long, but 2 is a little easier.

After you beat those, there is another series that follows it called Scars of the Pride. That series continues the story of the characters you meet, but doesn't involve Borg anymore so don't know if you will want those.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 4
02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewinged7 View Post
I am ashamed to say even last year when I played quite alot I never used the foundry.

Currently not near my gaming comp but, Are there any fun borg foundry missions and if so can you post the names and fun experiences?

thanks guys/gals!
Any number of them. Of ones I've personally reviewed:

-- "The Rising Phoenix" by the late Mark Valentine, one of Cryptic's own. Courtesy of his untimely death, no ending, but a brilliant part one: dark, dramatic, provides choices in how to proceed, and brilliantly written.

-- "Collectiveness Strikes Gold" by stoutes. He's not a native English speaker so his spelling isn't the best, but it's fun to play.

-- "Contact Squared" by eldil. Starts as a sequel to TNG: "First Contact" and gets dicey fast.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 5
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
My "Trojan Horse" is a shuttle mission inside of a Borg cube.
Career Officer
# 6
02-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Not going to be my next STO project, but I'm going to have a character slot opening up soon and was considering tinkering with the foundry.

Out of curiosity, how easy is it to make branching narrative with the foundry?

Can it be finessed, if its not supported?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-13-2014, 04:33 PM
With a couple small exceptions, Cryptic doesn't do branching storylines in its missions, so it isn't supported in the Foundry. However, it is possible, albeit difficult, to finesse the system into making branching stories.

If you're interested, there are video tutorials on the subject at starbaseUGC.com
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 8
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
I've enjoyed playing one Borg-related mission in particular some time ago, which had quite a nice story... think it was called "One of none" - I may be mistaken on the exact name, will check for it next time I am online... except the ending, I've enjoyed it, and would recommend it.

Quote:
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.
bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 9
02-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post

-- "Collectiveness Strikes Gold" by stoutes. He's not a native English speaker so his spelling isn't the best, but it's fun to play.
The station rescue sequence is epic! It made me think of that old Stalone movie: "Daylight". Plus my character Kell, has a cameo .
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 10
02-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Thank you so much for the replies guys I cant wait to try these out!

The borg are my favorite in game enemy to fight they make me really believe I am in the univers of Trek.

Thanks again and feel free to add anything