Career Officer
# 21
02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Yuzral has a youtube series called "Foundry Frolics" and he played Purity I: Of Denial along with the rest of the Purity series. There's also a lot of other foundry videos and they're hilarious so you should give them a watch.

Link to Foundry Frolics: Purity I: Of Denial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Pd8dwVlMk

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 22
02-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Mission Name:The Improbable Bulk
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HKFZXUY5N
Estimated Mission Length: 1 hour

Full Description
Length: Approx 1 hour
Moderate Ground
Moderate Space Combat
Moderate Dialogue

Jeremy Jammer is one of the foremost researchers of Bioengineering in the Federation and has been working on ways to improve the physical abilities of Starfleet's finest. A recent breakthrough has impressed his overseer enough that Starfleet itself has been invited to get a first hand look at the results.

Unfortunately for Jammer not everything works out as he'd like which causes some ...big...problems. It?ll take an intrepid crew and a trip to the Badlands before his bulky adventure is over.

Reviews

Hylar - 5/5
Quote:
"...What was expected to be cheesy was well written and executed, and a surprisingly good Trek fit. Brilliant."
kortaag - 5/5
Quote:
"Immensely funny with irresistable laughter the entire way!"
BorrowedTune - 5/5
Quote:
"Fun and enjoyable mission. Nice maps. Amusing story. Entertaining battles. Excellent use of foundry techniques and sfx. Captain's Log - Supplemental: Stay for the credits."
Links

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion

Last edited by zorbane; 02-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
02-24-2014, 03:53 PM
aleniskendra wrote a review of "The Galaxy's Fair"!

http://starbaseugc.com/forums/showth...4&pid=65#pid65

Career Officer
# 24
03-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Swetass "movie poster" that Castmodean made for me (click it for larger version)

Last edited by zorbane; 03-05-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 25
04-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Mission Name:Return to Oblivion
Minimum Level: Any
Project ID: ST-HJLVNYG8
Estimated Mission Length: 30 minutes

Full Description
Length: 30 minutes
Moderate Ground Combat
Heavy Space Combat
Moderate Dialogue

The Federation is reaching its limits. Every day dozens of ships are destroyed and thousands of brave men and women are killed in the line of duty. Ships can be replaced but not Starfleet’s finest. Somehow Starfleet has been able to keep up the influx of personnel and shortages are rarely reported.

No one has found a need to question Starfleet’s surprising efficiency, but for one Starfleet officer, a malfunction at a medical starbase could provide the unwanted answer.

Reviews

TylerMaxwell - 4/5
Quote:
"A trippy little twist you've got in there, definitely put somethings into perspective..."
captpatrick01 - 5/5
Quote:
"wow...I absolutely enjoyed the mission, nothing went wrong as far as I am concerned, This might make the spotlight list in no time!"
Links

Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hiya! Long-time-no-beg-for-feedback

Got a "new" mission for you (it's been in the pipeline for far too long)

Fed
The Improbable Bulk
ST-HKFZXUY5N
Federation Mission - The Improbable Bulk
Author: Zorbane
Project ID: ST-HKFZXUY5N

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with some challenging but fun battles and good story dialogue. It is an interesting take on the story you obviously drew from. There were no spelling or grammatical errors in any of the dialogue that I could find. I would recommend this mission to other players and would have given it 5 stars if the rating system was active.

As I said the dialogue was good, however the player response button usage needs some work. It was not just the use of the response button "Continue" it was also the use of phases for the response. For example "Ask why you are here" or "Ask how that could have happened". From my perspective it made it seem more like I was reading a story rather than participating in a mission. Indicating an action can work and I understand that is what you are trying to do with the response buttons but it just did not feel right to me. This is not a show stopper for this mission but rather something to consider changing.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant and follow-on dialogue are well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial mission task with a clear entry point for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the entry prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Research Lab 47: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The use of the response button "Continue" and other phrases in lieu of actual responses from the player. From this point forward I will note it on each map and cover it in my summary above.
-Some of the doors appeared to have issues with the away team passing through them. It may be a problem with pathing on this particular map. I suggest reporting the potential issue to the developers for them to look into.
-I recommend the use of triggered optional dialogue in conjunction with story dialogue. This way it goes away after the player interacts with it. As of yet the Foundry does not offer that as an option when using optional dialogue triggered by an NPC.

Space: This is a good map with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The use of the response button "Continue" and other phrases in lieu of actual responses from the player.
-The use of "Weather Starstreaks North South 01" and orientation of the map. Consider changing the orientation of the map to run from east to west and use "Weather Starstreaks West East 01".
-I liked the use of the warp multiple times on a single map as part of the story, however you used the "Warp In" effect when the player was going to warp. In addition to changing the orientation as indicated in the above comment, I suggest using the "Warp Out" effect as the player is going to warp.

Badlands: This is a good map with a fun battle and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The use of the response button "Continue" and other phrases in lieu of actual responses from the player.

Deck B: This is a good map with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The hatch used to seal the hanger bay does not completely cover the doorway.

Deck C: This is a good map with fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:

Badlands#2: This is a good map with several fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 05/23/2014 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.