Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Republic Veteran
# 31
02-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bltrrn View Post
This assertion is correct, I'm just mouthing off some standard propaganda to get a rise out of her.

But, either way, I'm still loyal to the Shiar ih'Saeihr Rihan.
Ahr'yy'a na Shiar ih'Saeihr Rihan, nim arhem fraetan h'taev hwi.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Career Officer
# 32
02-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Imma hop on this train while I can. Imma list off a few things I'd like translations to, if possible. <_<
  • Fire Bird (you mentioned earlier there's no Phoenix, so this is close enough)
  • New Life
  • Grief, Greiving, Mounring
Captain
# 33
02-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Imma hop on this train while I can. Imma list off a few things I'd like translations to, if possible. <_<
  • New Life
Hmm, 'Fire Bird'. 'Dhael' is bird. 'Aen' is wing or winged. Fire is 'llair'. Or 'okhala' if you are actually talking about the Element itself. If you go literal, "Llair'dhael". I kinda like "Aen'llair" myself.
Republic Veteran
# 34
02-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
  • New Life

Dhael ih'Llaiir
Bird + adjectival Fire = Firebird

Draed Mollais
Life + New = New Life
(or Mol'Draed)

Kraep'le
Sadness = Grief

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
# 35
02-15-2014, 02:18 AM
I'm going to do a Jex and jump on the train. I like to make the names fit, and with the Rommy ships I have to use the random option. Having someone willing to do translations is a good thing.

I would like translations, if it is possible, for:
- Lady of the Shadows or Shadow Lady
-Snowy
Captain
# 36
02-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Alas, there is no such word in Rihan.
Ah well, thanks for trying
Captain
# 37
02-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
I'm going to do a Jex and jump on the train. I like to make the names fit, and with the Rommy ships I have to use the random option. Having someone willing to do translations is a good thing.

-Snowy
I couldn't find one for snowy, but:
Shadow: leahval

Female: kraeter

So it would be somethig like: Kraeter nnea leahval

I probably got it wrong, but, hey, at least I tried.
Republic Veteran
# 38
02-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Quote:

-Snowy
Nviahr = Woman
Laehval = Shadow

Nviahr Laehvalen
Woman of Shadows

Nviahr ih'Laehval
Shadow Woman

Snowy = Etmnau'ey

Captain
# 39
02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Thank you both. It's great that there are people willing to help in this area, for those of us who want appropriate names but aren't bright enough to do it ourselves where language is concerned.
Captain
# 40
02-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Thank you both. It's great that there are people willing to help in this area, for those of us who want appropriate names but aren't bright enough to do it ourselves where language is concerned.
Yeah, if you wanted a Klingon name, there's alot of translators for them, in fact, Protogoth should make a Romulan translator on the interweb, it would help out alot.