Ensign
# 1 Hirogen Lock Box any good?
02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
I have shedloads of these things. Like about 15 of them. Do you think it's actually worth shelling out for keys for them? I mean what are the odds of getting anything half decent? I figured because I have so many of them the contents are probably a bit rubbish...
Captain
# 2
02-15-2014, 02:44 PM
All but the big ships in the box can be purchased on the exchange for a lot cheaper than the cost of a key - never spend RL money on keys - , infact never open the boxes unless you happen to want to try your luck via the exchance and spend EC on one
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2014, 03:04 PM
besides the ships nothing sells for really high amounts

kinda crappy
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-15-2014, 03:06 PM
But you forget, this is

Cryptic's best lockbox yet!

Each lockbox is cryptic best yet!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 5
02-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Eh, this box isn't really impressive. I still haven't seen anyone flying a Hirogen ship yet lol. Anyways, here's the odds on this stuff:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1002691

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 6
02-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
But you forget, this is

Cryptic's best lockbox yet!

Each lockbox is cryptic best yet!
season 8 sto best season yet!!! sorry had to
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 7
02-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhakowain View Post
I have shedloads of these things. Like about 15 of them. Do you think it's actually worth shelling out for keys for them? I mean what are the odds of getting anything half decent? I figured because I have so many of them the contents are probably a bit rubbish...
They're always a gamble.

I find the best approach is to think of them as lobi containers with a free gift thats occasionally worthwhile.

Dilithium mining claims are handy, and the ships (both MU and grand prize) are always welcome.

The rest? Useful is you have a use for it, other than that, meh.
Career Officer
# 8
02-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
They're always a gamble.

I find the best approach is to think of them as lobi containers with a free gift thats occasionally worthwhile.

Dilithium mining claims are handy, and the ships (both MU and grand prize) are always welcome.

The rest? Useful is you have a use for it, other than that, meh.
Couldn't agree more. That's exactly how I look at it.

I have seen a few Hirogen ships around recently. Don't know if I want one but I think they look pretty cool. Looks like it has scale to it unlike too many other ships in the game that just look like giant fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Got bored so tried my luck at a few, no ship (like always) but did get the console (which is super cheap if I had bought it directly) ...its pretty worthless...

Honestly if you have to open a box due to a gambling addiction or something else driving you, open some Tal shiar boxes. The ship is better, and you have a chance at a leech console. (What I should have done)
Commander
# 10
02-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I opened my first one today, got a Lobi of course and got the space trait Hot Pursuit.
I posted to the exchange about you tho, I got no use for it.
There not theat expensive either.

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"