Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Handle change
01-13-2010, 02:45 AM
I would like to be able to change my ingame handle. When prompted for one, it was not clear that it was going to be used ingame. Will I be able to change this for the early access or full release?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-13-2010, 02:48 AM
http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Create a new ticket explaining the situation. Supply 3 @names that you would like, and they should pick one thats available to change it to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-13-2010, 04:01 AM
I'll do that, thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csocean View Post
I would like to be able to change my ingame handle. When prompted for one, it was not clear that it was going to be used ingame. Will I be able to change this for the early access or full release?

Hi Csocean,

I have started a new thread about making a change in the game about just this issue, see: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=59053

Regards
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
I still don't get what the "handle" is meant to be for...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurenbo
http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Create a new ticket explaining the situation. Supply 3 @names that you would like, and they should pick one thats available to change it to.
This did the trick, thanks!

The handle is to identify you regardless of which character you are playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrilmak
I still don't get what the "handle" is meant to be for...
Evidently, the "handle" is used on the forums & used in-game to identify all of your characters AND allow "duplicate" names, since they're all: character@handle
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.