Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Movement Clunky
01-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I have been playing the past few days and I have noticed that the Ground movement of your character feels clunky.

My roommate pre-ordered the game as well and he says that the character movement feels like you are holding a Doll on a stick and moving it left and right while only moving your wrist (not the entire arm).

IMO one of the best MMO games out there that had great character movement was EQ1. It wasn't clunky or buggy.

I guess my question is, does the Developers plan on smoothing out the ground character movements? The ship movements feel fine, but the ground movements are rough.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Agreed
01-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Agreed - and the camera movement is doing some pretty weird things automagically. I really don't want the camera to center on my target EVER (most FPSers don't and that's the style here). A few times, though, I've found myself looking at... me.. or a wall... instead of the target. It's not consistent.

It also feels like the latency is added to the movement a bit - i'm running sub 200ms, so there shouldn't be this kind of issue moving around.

Honestly I'd be okay with the sloppiness if the camera didn't move this much on its own.

Sinistar
USS Constellation - NCC 91017-A