Career Officer
# 21
02-13-2014, 02:02 PM
As a supplement to the post I made, I intend to make a video showcasing my route (and its updates - the current version allows for some sneaky sneaky). I will add the video link to this post after it is uploaded.

EDIT: Even with rubber band lag AND a disconnect, I beat the mission with a minute remaining. Here's me on an AVERAGE run. Done better, done worse.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 02-13-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
02-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Has anyone tried this using the Subspace Fold capabilities of the new Solanae Overcharged Warp Cores/Singularity Cores?

"I must repeat the words that come without my knowledge."
Lieutenant
# 23
02-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltminns View Post
Has anyone tried this using the Subspace Fold capabilities of the new Solanae Overcharged Warp Cores/Singularity Cores?
As a matter of fact, yes. I did my typical 11-minute route (with Borg engine) with a Science Destroyer equipped with primarily the Solanae/Dyson sets (no Borg engine, frequent use of Subspace Fold). Took me about 14 minutes.

(My Fed route starts in Mempa/Pi Canus -> Eta Eridani -> Regulus -> Sirius -> the BU>AT>BU>AT>ZA>BU loop in Cardassian Space -> Deferi -> Eta Eridiani -> Sirus -> Borg -> Undine -> transwarp to Tau Dewa -> Psi Velorum -> Alpha Centauri -> Iota Pavonis. I also have 6 pips in Driver Coil, and did not have the DI/RP buffs.)

Edit: Also did not use the Obelisk Warp Core either.

Last edited by fr0gurt; 02-16-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 24
02-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazursouthclaw View Post
I've played for about 3 years, and have never done this mission.
I WAS going to try it soon - just for the experience - but now I think I'll save myself the frustration.
If the 15 minutes includes the load time as well, that is not just 'harsh' but downright monstrous.
Yup, this mission was already almost impossible with the lag, as lag and long loading makes it taking three times what it should.
Community Moderator
# 25
02-18-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't have all of the special gear loaded and could never complete this in under 20 minutes even before they added Tau Dewa.

I will run it for partial rewards, but won't even try for completion...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Ensign
# 26
02-19-2014, 12:49 AM
My ships current configuration gives me a sector speed of Warp 17.08. I could easily do much better using Borg Engines and any Warp Core that boosts DC skill, along with Diplomatic Immunity and/or Raiding Party. If your own ship is close to this or better, and you're able to use Quantum Slipstream Drive on occasion, then you should have the speed to complete the Tour well within the 15m time limit, provided you're also taking an efficient route.
Captain
# 27
02-19-2014, 05:50 AM
For all those Fed player's here is a link for you to read thru.

Also here is a link to a map I made, this is one of the easiest routes to take.

If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0gurt View Post
As a matter of fact, yes. I did my typical 11-minute route (with Borg engine) with a Science Destroyer equipped with primarily the Solanae/Dyson sets (no Borg engine, frequent use of Subspace Fold). Took me about 14 minutes.

(My Fed route starts in Mempa/Pi Canus -> Eta Eridani -> Regulus -> Sirius -> the BU>AT>BU>AT>ZA>BU loop in Cardassian Space -> Deferi -> Eta Eridiani -> Sirus -> Borg -> Undine -> transwarp to Tau Dewa -> Psi Velorum -> Alpha Centauri -> Iota Pavonis. I also have 6 pips in Driver Coil, and did not have the DI/RP buffs.)

Edit: Also did not use the Obelisk Warp Core either.
I accidentally forgot to switch to my usual race ship and took the mission last night. My route differs from yours, but the result was about the same, a little over 14 minutes to finish. Guess I can do it on my characters that don't have Borg engines again.
Captain
# 29
02-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Reading all this makes me think i'm doing something terribly wrong. Despite following these routes i cannot complete the run in time.
Ensign
# 30 maybe this will help...
02-22-2014, 09:28 AM
First off, there is only a small bonus reward for finishing every sector during this daily, so even if you do not finish the entire circuit, you aren't losing much. The trait is unlocked after 9 or 10 sector blocks, and that should be not too much trouble to get ** the trait is "well travelled" and gives a bonus to the CD of your transwarp abilities.

One of the most useful features I use for the tour, when I play it, is the transwarp to the mission "Skirmish", which is only 500 Energy credits, and in the middle of Eta Eridani, and doesn't incur any cooldown penalty. You just have to have the mission active to use the transwarp-to feature.

When I'm on a fed player, I start in Iota Pavonis. I could go down to AC and then regulus/Psi after that.

When I'm on a KDF character, I start on the edge of the right-most sector in Omega Leonis, and travel to the TW gate of Omega Leonis - > pelia -> TW to "Skirmish".

I always TW to Skirmish from the right-side of Pi Canis, rather than flying back. I always TW from Pelia SB to skirmish , also.

If you have a fleet SB with transwarp gate tier 5, you might incorporate that into your tour, but occasionally that can be risky, if you get stuck on a very long load time.

I hope some of this is helpful