This isn't a thread regarding PvP and the problems with the factions. I'm pretty sure that is well known to any of us that have played on both sides.
Here is the laundry list of things to fix on the PvP systems, that are really driving me crazy:
1. First and foremost, you have to remove the ability to join a game in progress. It's very frustrating to wait on a queue, join it, and then 10 seconds (literally) after joining the map, the scoreboard pops up and it's over. I would suggest once the game starts, that's it... lock it.
2. When your in the pvp queue list, the list itself jumps around so much you have difficulty selecting and clicking the button to queue. You pick something, the list jumps around, and by the time you hit the button,it's not at all what you wanted. It's great tha the list is apparently updating very frequently, but for the love of god it should not scroll and jump around.
3. The scoreboard has several little things that need adjusting. For one thing, you should be able to open the scoreboard to quickly look at it. Standard team shooter stuff here. When the map ends, the scoreboard should not pop up in your face like it does. When you finally exit the map, a different scoreboard pops up again for a moment.... fix that too. How about sorting the scoreboard too please.
4. The dead time period at the end of the match seems unnecesary. If you want to put us all in a 1 minute timeout, then stop the action all together, and force us all to stare at the damn scoreboard. As it is now, everyone runs around like an idiot, because for a brief moment when the button to "leave" pops up, you get live combat again, which clearly shouldn't happen. (fix that too, if that's not obvious).
5. Spawn points need to be done better. The whole spawn randomly on the map thing REALLY destroys teamwork and team progress. In the middle of a fight, the other team is spawning literally on top of you, and vice versa. It makes no sense. If you have to force us to the same spot on the map, then do that, and find a way to prevent spawn camping. It's no fun to spawn into a pack of enemies and hand them a point (never mind how un-fun this is for you). If you're with a team, and you die, you're basically just running around like an idiot after that, because you have no idea where you are, or where your team is.
6. There is no shortage of bugs when you are queing a team for PvP. Sometimes not everyone gets the pop-up and loads. Sometimes one or more people actually get dropped from the team, and forced onto the other side, with a message like "you are not the same faction as them", or words to that effect.
7. Character bars get messed up frequently. Sometimes they disappear altogether. Sometimes they show a player in a location he definately is not.
8. I'd like to see a warm up period of maybe 30s once you load a map. Having people load in at different times is a problem. Again... standard team shooter stuff here.
This is just a preference, but at least a few BIG maps would be nice. Every map is so small, most games don't last beyond 5 minutes, whether it's ground or space.
Lastly, I know it doesn't need to be said, but at this stage in the game the gear situation is really really bad. One side has full blue Mk IV gear, the other side has white common starting gear. Yes, I know what's available and where, but wow.... just wow. Before I forget, the Mk IV shields we can get require "Badge of Exploration" instead of "Medal of Bravery". This in effect has the entire Klingon fleet rolling around in white starter shields, max 2500 strength.
It's discouraging alot of people from playing Klingon. I play probably 50 queues a night as Klingon. It's no wonder we all prefer KvK maps, because it's a fair fight. Seeing 250 feds in one queue, and no wait time on any KvK queue, should say it all.
This is by no means a complete list. This is just a starting point to make the system workable!