Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 21
02-10-2014, 10:39 AM
I just thought of a better way to get rid of him. (better in that the devs are more likely to do it)

New to the C-Store:
Tovan Khen dismissal token. Us this token to dismiss Tovan Khev from your active duty roster of BOffs.

Honestly, I don't know why he HAS to be there to do the missions, give me the pop ups of him talking. Assuming I even read them the second (third, fourth, whatever) time, I can just pretend he's on my ship or down there with me but hiding in the shadows whenever combat occurs.

Also new to the C-store:
Toven Khev uniform options unlock (allows access to his unique uniform parts, you and BOffs)

Also one for all of the other starting BOffs. I HATE that they have unique uniform parts that I can't use on my captain or on one of my other BOffs.
Ensign
# 22
02-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Just putting in my opinion that he absolutely needs to be dismissable. Tovan as a story element should be entirely decoupled from Tovan the BOFF. I don't even really care that his VO is bad or that he's not customizable. I care that he's not my creation and thus not part of my STO story.

The game is ostensibly about living your own Star Trek adventure and forcing you to have a particular officer on your crew makes it no longer "your own."
Rihannsu
# 23
02-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Nice to see that it wasn't forgotten.
He is not overtaking ship stations anymore, but still he is in every popup. He wastes a slot, he annoying, I hate him and he has to go as he brakes all the romulan experience. (For me especially, as I am being a part of the Star Empire.)
# 24
02-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedyrvelsaryn View Post
The game is ostensibly about living your own Star Trek adventure and forcing you to have a particular officer on your crew makes it no longer "your own."
Couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully when the Romulan episodes are revamped like the Fed ones were recently Tovan will become dismissable.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
02-15-2014, 06:56 AM
They could have him go off and live with his sister after she is found I mean they go seperated you'd figure they'd have a lot to talk about and such. He could then whine at the epoohs on New Romulus then lol
No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
Captain
# 26
02-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijimithy View Post
They could have him go off and live with his sister after she is found I mean they go seperated you'd figure they'd have a lot to talk about and such. He could then whine at the epoohs on New Romulus then lol
Story wise I'd personally rather see his sister join my crew. After all that search she should be at least a Duty Officer IMO.
Support more story content in STO
Commander
# 27
02-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Story wise I'd personally rather see his sister join my crew. After all that search she should be at least a Duty Officer IMO.
Even better a DOFF who's power is both ground and space accessible and when you activate her it prevents tovan from saying a godsdamned thing on any dialogue window
Commander
# 28
02-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijimithy View Post

Despite everyone's personal opinion, the fact remains that the Romulan Republic storyline focuses on Tovan khev's arc so much, it gets to the point where You the player feel like a afterthought. It ignores the player too much.

the Klingon and Federation missions don't make this mistake. The boffs you get at the beginning have a story, and contribute a good deal, but they don't overshadow the players character.
Captain
# 29
02-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post
Despite everyone's personal opinion, the fact remains that the Romulan Republic storyline focuses on Tovan khev's arc so much, it gets to the point where You the player feel like a afterthought. It ignores the player too much.

the Klingon and Federation missions don't make this mistake. The boffs you get at the beginning have a story, and contribute a good deal, but they don't overshadow the players character.
I must say I did not have that impression. But thats a very subjective thing....
Support more story content in STO
Republic Veteran
# 30
02-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post

Optionally asking about his sister like 4 times, and finding her once, in 40 missions, overwhelms the players story more than the whole Alexander/Worf arc does on the KDF side?

Really?