Lieutenant
I just figured it was about time that I shared my Jem'hadar Dreadnought build as it currently stands. It seems that its pretty unique in it's build structure so I'm curious what people will say when they see it.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...obedience_3617

The notes should be on the ship and it isn't currently complete with the more up to date consoles but the theme should be apparent.

I use the ship for both PvP and PvE and it doesn't do bad as a tank in my opinion. To me, no ship is perfect as there are always counters for specific builds but it holds out well on its own generally.

Anyways, looking forward to see what people say.
Captain
# 2
02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Now, correct me if i am wrong ( as i could very well be) but isn't it generally better to forgo torps completely, except for maybe the one in the front?
Captain
# 3
02-18-2014, 11:53 AM
A few things on the pve aspect atleast.

Everything is a one of and thus no global cool downs. In pvp, I see the reasoning...but for pve...there is no excuse. Your killing your dps by a huge margin

Why no kcb/rep consoles?

Why delta? I guess the people you fly with don't make that much threat...in which case...I'll leave it at that

Your torps are more fluff then anything, fire fore. Fire broadside, then fire aft...your too slow too pull the maneuvering off, full broadside beams would yield better results.

Skill look decent.

Cheers
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 4
02-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
Now, correct me if i am wrong ( as i could very well be) but isn't it generally better to forgo torps completely, except for maybe the one in the front?
A lot of times, yes. Carriers like this don't need torps because the pets are the ones with the torps and can do a lot more damage with them. All you have to do is sit there and broadside.
Commander
# 5
02-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey, Fellow NovaCore Here,

I would suggest 3/3 Beam Array setup, +1 wide angle quantum in the front. So you can broadside with 6 beams and eat your torpedo cake too.

Cheers,

Syria.
Career Officer
# 6
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...tastrofejhdc_0

This is the build I run and I hit on average 22k DPS in ISE. Something you should know about my build. I run three damage control eng to keep EPtX on global cooldown. I also chain FAW3 with ApB3 and FAW2 with ApB1. Remember you are a carrier, your pets do good damage. So ApB helps your pets versus the other two attack patterns that only help you. Also run a AMP warpcore. It adds top level base damage for all paler levels above 75. If you have max flow cap you should hit very easy when using Plasmonic Leech. Specially with the a flow cap console from from the embassy. I would get rid of your exploiter consoles for locators. The more often you crit the more damage you do. It is a lot like accuracy where if you are missing you are not doing damage. This is the reason for the Nukura particle converter. It gives 10% accuracy bonus with beams. The assimilated console and the kinetic cutting beam gives more crit chance and the two piece gives a reduction in weapons power level drain. I swapped your ApD with polarize hull to give you the resistance and a way to break tractor beam. I added EPtW for the bonus damage not so much for the weapons power. I tried the arc quantum torpedo and lost out on damage, ran numerous ACT to confirm. While running the ACT I see the pet JHAS hitting for 20-30 k in damage with beam overload and their toros this is the reason I run ApB.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2014, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...tastrofejhdc_0

This is the build I run and I hit on average 22k DPS in ISE. Something you should know about my build. I run three damage control eng to keep EPtX on global cooldown. I also chain FAW3 with ApB3 and FAW2 with ApB1. Remember you are a carrier, your pets do good damage. So ApB helps your pets versus the other two attack patterns that only help you. Also run a AMP warpcore. It adds top level base damage for all paler levels above 75. If you have max flow cap you should hit very easy when using Plasmonic Leech. Specially with the a flow cap console from from the embassy. I would get rid of your exploiter consoles for locators. The more often you crit the more damage you do. It is a lot like accuracy where if you are missing you are not doing damage. This is the reason for the Nukura particle converter. It gives 10% accuracy bonus with beams. The assimilated console and the kinetic cutting beam gives more crit chance and the two piece gives a reduction in weapons power level drain. I swapped your ApD with polarize hull to give you the resistance and a way to break tractor beam. I added EPtW for the bonus damage not so much for the weapons power. I tried the arc quantum torpedo and lost out on damage, ran numerous ACT to confirm. While running the ACT I see the pet JHAS hitting for 20-30 k in damage with beam overload and their toros this is the reason I run ApB.
u can pull out more dps with a2b build: for that you need 2 a2b and 3 purple(or what you have) technician doffs. in additional i whould go with apo or apb in the faw3 slot and put the faw2

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Career Officer
# 8
02-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
u can pull out more dps with a2b build: for that you need 2 a2b and 3 purple(or what you have) technician doffs. in additional i whould go with apo or apb in the faw3 slot and put the faw2
I have tried a A2B build and did not like it, love it on other ships, it would be fine if I was always with a heavy DPS teams, but I loose to mush survivability going to it. I grab to much agro in a pug group. I have tested and I do do morse DPS with it, but I usually die which lowers my DPS. I do like the build just not while pigging in that ship, also I run out of abilities to put on in my tac spots.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Lieutenant
# 9
02-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Just to follow up on the comments, I think you are missing the point of the ship as a whole. The reason for the torpedoes is to add damage once the shields are stripped. I don't use APB because I do pull enough hate to make targets shoot at me and the delta debuffs them while buffing me. The dominion beams strip shields really nice and generally debuff as well like a polaron should do. I focus on flow caps in order to make that combo a very strong one. The beams themselves aren't as tough as the torpedoes are which is why they are on there. Spread makes it to where they don't miss if you are in the arc and the kinetic damage does well in both PvE and PvP.

I find that the ship I setup handles tanking pretty well as well as being able to dish it out. Is it the damage king? No. Can it stay in a fight for a while AND do good damage, I'd say yes. To me, being dead = 0 dps. Those beams also handle the really high resistance that shields have gotten over time by just stripping them all away and reducing shield power in the process. Many people struggle just to keep shields up when I fight them unless they have either a well built engineer or somehow focused on insulators.

Yes, the pets do some good damage, but the ship has to be able to do damage in PvP environments where pets might not survive for long.
Lieutenant
# 10
02-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Btw, my name is Ulata'Kel in game.