Survivor of Romulus
# 101
02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
So what did people think of mine?
It's good. Solid. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing exceptional.

The only really exceptional one here is jonsills's entry, though. So nothing wrong with not being exceptional. It's hard to compete with Grunt for awesome.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 102
02-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Thank you, but I really don't see why Grunt came across as "awesome" in this one. He's pretty loyal to the Federation, he's already demonstrated his skill at finding loopholes, and he's resistant to psionics for the same reason as every other Ferengi - it's a matter of brain structure.

I thought that Roclak was more awesome, personally - although Agent Delta-17 was impressive for being able to find out more about Rock in one investigation than Grunt has in several years of friendship...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Throwing a last minute entry in here, in which we learn that Section 31 files are more complex than the standard files on Federation vessels, as well as a look into Voth technology.

If you see any plot holes, give a holler and hopefully I'll fix them before anyone else notices.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Survivor of Romulus
# 104
02-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Thank you, but I really don't see why Grunt came across as "awesome" in this one. He's pretty loyal to the Federation, he's already demonstrated his skill at finding loopholes, and he's resistant to psionics for the same reason as every other Ferengi - it's a matter of brain structure.

I thought that Roclak was more awesome, personally - although Agent Delta-17 was impressive for being able to find out more about Rock in one investigation than Grunt has in several years of friendship...
Grunt is awesome. It's hard to quantify.

In a nutshell, anything about Grunt and crew will inevitably be awesome.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
Throwing a last minute entry in here, in which we learn that Section 31 files are more complex than the standard files on Federation vessels, as well as a look into Voth technology.

If you see any plot holes, give a holler and hopefully I'll fix them before anyone else notices.
SO what are the angry ghosts?

I really liked this, it's quiet funny. Did the Voth die, or is she merely trapped within the holo-program?
Commander
# 106
02-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Just threw in a last minute entry as well. Given how quick and easy this was, I now want to do similar files for Lynathru and Ta'nara (especially Ta'nara-- the Tal Shiar have a growing file on her).
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aten66 View Post
SO what are the angry ghosts?

I really liked this, it's quiet funny. Did the Voth die, or is she merely trapped within the holo-program?
Ahaha, I knew that would come back to haunt me. I'll figure out a way to rectify that.

The "angry ghosts" reference refers to the people that go to the Otha PvPvE ground zone, because more often than not such people are always in stealth until they blast you with a close-range pulsewave. It seemed like a tongue-in-cheek way to draw connections between the Voth stealth and the tactical kit stealth.

Going by the many other instances in Star Trek canon in which a host body is taken over by another consciousness, I would say Odala is not dead, despite the efforts of Holo-Lee . Maybe we'll see some serious manure happen in the future.

Captain
# 108
02-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Is there no new challenge this week? I logged in last night to see, but the forums kept telling me everything was unavailable.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Is there no new challenge this week? I logged in last night to see, but the forums kept telling me everything was unavailable.
What if Smirky overslept and forgot to post an LC?

We should make contingencies in case Smirk doesn't post an LC this week. I suggest we do something like "Twitch Plays Pokemon" and create an LC via crowdsourcing.

Lt. Commander
# 110
02-19-2014, 03:14 PM
@markhawkman: a little jarring to have people referred to as the "what", then detailed in the "who". It might work better to describe their ship as the what and the captain/crew as who. Lots of detail, nonetheless,

@squatsauce: very interesting...looking forward to what happens next.

@cmdrscarlet: a unique way to ensure agents learn the hard way! Well written...with verve!

@zidanetribal: awesome. I'm guessing the ship's motto of the Weeping Angel is "Don't Blink"?

@ambassadormolari: nicely done....I hope that Arkos has the courtesy to tell other Captains how to detect and remove S31's toys on their own ships. (The Andorian reproductive system...from what I've read in novels it seems that each one has their own role, so I'm not sure how they'd consider other species! But detailed discussion of such has the potential to get volatile, and I'm just here to read and write some tales, so I'll just drop a ten-foot pole and not touch it...)