Lt. Commander
# 31
02-13-2014, 09:01 AM
The thing is also, if it was intended to save him, you would get a prompt to do so, or a hint at it. As it is, due to PLAYER knowledge (compared to Character knowledge), plus the fact that the assassin is using a proper attack, not an animation that is fired as part of a script, that one can block the deadly shot with a Cover shield, this is either an oversight by the content designer, or a glitch.

Edit, posted before I finished typing.

Last edited by thyrnecris; 02-13-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Ensign
# 32
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantazo1 View Post
That is why time travel is an impossibility.
Nah, check out Stephen Baxter's "The Time Ships", it explains it all... and there's even a Dyson Sphere!!
Captain
# 33
02-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trypwyr View Post
Nah, check out Stephen Baxter's "The Time Ships", it explains it all... and there's even a Dyson Sphere!!
The main issue with time traveling is a two way issue, you only can travel so far back on time until the day you are born, you can only travel so far into the future until the day you die, unless science comes with a way to freeze your cells so they don't mature or get younger (reverse process) we cant travel in time. We cannot be in two places at the same time, even if science could create a way to preserve our cells, still we can only be in one place at a time. That is the way we are built/designed/created.

I believe we all would love to go back on time and fixed the screw ups we have made in our lives, but those screw ups have defined who we are today.
Quote:
"Captain! A Necro-class Thread just decloaked!"
"Photon torpedoes, full spread! Phasers, fire!"
"Direct hit, Captain!"
"Mod, send a priority message to Starfleet. We have disabled a Necro.
Career Officer
# 34 umm no legs
02-14-2014, 02:43 PM
i guess Khaleesi is losing weight lol
http://imgur.com/0YzUPnL
Rihannsu
# 35
02-15-2014, 07:09 PM
In my run today, I positioned my character to stand in the way to see if that would block the sniper's line of sight.... nope. Then I parked my ship between the Undine superlaser and the Voth ship..... more nothing.... darnit.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 36
02-17-2014, 05:14 PM
The last time I played it, I put a cover shield up in front of the captain to see what would happen. The cover shield blocked the shot, but then a few seconds later, the captain just keeled over anyway for no apparent reason. So Cryptic's fix was a blatant cheat, but at least you can still continue the mission.
Rihannsu
# 37
02-19-2014, 09:34 AM
I noticed something about this in my last few plays. The other version of things has the captain guy get killed off screen. Yeah, if you get the Sniper version his body will be in the doorway where he gets sniped. But in the other version you'll find him in a hallway elsewhere... dead.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 38
02-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I noticed something about this in my last few plays. The other version of things has the captain guy get killed off screen. Yeah, if you get the Sniper version his body will be in the doorway where he gets sniped. But in the other version you'll find him in a hallway elsewhere... dead.
That's explained in Tuvoc's little dialogue. He tells you that the Dyson's captain did not survive the trip there. And then you find the poor guy dead in a hallway. One can only surmise he was shot in the back.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.