Captain
# 31
02-18-2014, 11:08 AM
All skill points from missions are converted to expertise at max level so look for the good ones, or the ones with dil reward and you kill two birds with one stone. Just because the MU event is gone doesn't mean there aren't some good sources out there, it's just that you have to work for it.

Though maybe they should look at converting DOFF commendation points to it once you complete rank 4, if they don't already.

I have yet to run out of expertise and I haven't touched a mirror event in lord knows how long.

Last edited by decronia; 02-18-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Captain
# 32
02-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Yes if there is one thing I can never see get filled on fleet projects quick enough, it's expertise...... I normally pronounce it "dilithium" though.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Commander
# 33
02-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Of the 3 char's I am currently running, none have ever come close to running out of EP's, and I am currently running all rep's on all 3. None have completed even half the episode missions, and none have ever run a Foundry mission. All are DOffing a full plate most of the time, and not even in the more challenging zones (like Dyson). yes, the need for EP's goes up with the rep tiers, but my Fed & KDF char's each have ~ 750k, having completed T2 on a couple of rep's each. I've only joined a very few STF's, and have never replayed any missions apart from "A Step Between Stars"; and that only to get the full Solanae set.

My guess is that by the time I complete all the season episodes & the Foundry, I'll be swimming in EP's, since I normally hit several of the dailies with each character, and will be joining more STF's after the Anniversary grind...
Career Officer
# 34
02-18-2014, 11:26 AM
I have a few million expertise on all three of my characters, but I do wish that the rep change was changed to the new Dyson Sphere rep track with no need for expertise or buying commodities.
Captain
# 35
02-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoemg View Post
I have a few million expertise on all three of my characters, but I do wish that the rep change was changed to the new Dyson Sphere rep track with no need for expertise or buying commodities.
I have only done a couple of Dyson projects so far and I am sure I used expertise in them, though I am the first to say my memory is not the best so could be mistaken.

I do agree that the rest should be brought in line and just use EC and not the devices and commodities, which are just EC under another name. I think it was complaints about this that made them do it that way in the Dyson projects.
Captain
# 36
02-19-2014, 02:49 AM
How do you not Doff?! It's all gain. Expertise, Dilithium, EC. items, with absolutely no trouble at all rather than start the missions. Even in my main which has gotten to level 4 in all but 2 of the categories I run the 20 (or at least as many as possible) missions everyday. I spend 3 or 4 minutes to set up the missions and all there is to do is to collect later. It's probably the most rewarding for effort feature in STO.
Career Officer
# 37
02-19-2014, 03:35 AM
doffing is even more a bore then reps, however maybe 2 days on a push but realistically 3 days i will need to complete the dyson rep, within the next 2 days the other reps will reach tier 4, could take weeks for t5 to complete on these. in any event though i have almost finished these and can give an opinion on them. still got plenty of expertise left, grandfathered from pre-f2p.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Ensign
# 38
02-20-2014, 09:09 AM
i personally do a lot of doff and mission throughout the game, help new players in my fleet with their missions keeps my expertise up, ive gone through all reputations and still have several million rep, its all about doing more then just reps you have to do other things to crank up the points
Career Officer
# 39
02-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Most of my original characters (all finished with the Rep Grind) still have 10 million+. As for the 4 new I've created since the Rep System was introduced, on the ones I played regularly, I never had an issue running out of EXP for Rep. There are other sources that give decent amounts that have been mentioned already.

As for the MU event, I only used it for power-leveling a new toon to 50 (and miss it on that level, and I've sure rewards across the board on the revamp will be in line with the rest of the current content, as that's probably WHY they chose to redo it in the first place.) Never really bothered with EXP grinding for rep as I've never really run out on the toons I play. Further, I don't have an issue with the evs trying to give players a reason to keep playing content. YMMV.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."