Captain
# 571
02-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Is there a way to patch from a command prompt without using the launcher?

The launcher isn't needed to run the gameclient.exe, you can just log in from inside the game, but of course without patching there will be a version mismatch at the log in screen and you won't be able to play.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 02-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Ensign
# 572
02-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Ladies and gents,
heres a suggestion
Uninstall Star Trek Online.
then either from your cd or dvd you brought or goto the website and install Star Trek Online

if have up dated any graphics, i suggest rolling back or reinstalling the copy from your cd that was provided with your graphics and that should solve the problem

hope it helps
Ensign
Yesterday (Sat March 1) I suddenly ran into this issue. After I start STO, the launcher tries to load, and then just gives this message:

There was an error loading the login page. Please restart the launcher and try again.

Error -118 when loading url /launcher_login

From what I can tell based on what I've found on the forums, it's some kind of connection issue to the game servers. My tracert and everything looks fine, although it does give >100ms for the nodes closest to the game server end of the connection.

The thing is though... I was able to log in without ANY issue over the last 9 months, up to last Thurs Feb 27. Suddenly this shows up last night and it still won't work. However, NOTHING has changed on my end, so I don't what they did with their network stuff but it won't let me connect onto STO.

I've submitted a ticket and I'm just hoping they'll take a look at it soon.
Ensign
# 574
03-05-2014, 01:37 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. How did you submit a ticket? Do you do it via Arc or Steam or what? I would do it myself
Career Officer
# 575 launcher not working
03-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I keep getting stuck at the Cryptic loading screen when I try to login. I have been getting kicked out of the game for the past several weeks and now I can't login at all.

I tried updating the launcher but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know what else I can try to fix this?
Rihannsu
# 576 Launcher Problem
03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
I too am affected by this mysterious problem I downloaded the new launcher from the link given in this post and that hasn't fixed it at all so at the moment I can't get in even after I login and the launcher tries to connect to the patch server the cryptic error report interface appears to inform me its crashed. I don't know what on earth has done this for me anyway its not my isp or my pc.

I'm at a complete loss at the moment in the past I haven't had problems updating to whatever patch they were applying to the holodeck. But me thinks tribbles have gotten into those servers or my launcher lol.
Ensign
# 577
03-07-2014, 08:18 PM
I have tried using Steam and the Arc client to get the game sorted and neither have in fact steam kept telling me two files were missing. this happened every time i log out of the game :/ thats if i get in at all :/
Ensign
Getting this message the last few days when launching the client. Anyone has any idea how to get this fixed? Thanks.
Career Officer
# 579 error 36 message
03-08-2014, 03:40 PM
I keep getting an error 36 message: saying a file was locked that could not be open for writing. Does anyone know how to resolve that?
Ensign
# 580 I'm confused..
03-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Do I have to install Arc.. Can I just use a different way to install the game??