Captain
# 11
02-23-2014, 12:44 PM
For PVE content you can do some really amazing stuff. Like Load up on all the CRTH universal consoles, Borg, Zero point, Tachyokenitic, then the Romulan Embassy Boffs that boost CritH, then the Spire Reputation that give it a boost as well, Make sure your Energy weapon skill and Acc skill have at 9 points. Then add 4 or 5 of the Spire consoles that Boost CrtH then get some CRTD x3 weapons and watch the magic.
Captain
# 12
02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
For PVE content you can do some really amazing stuff. Like Load up on all the CRTH universal consoles, Borg, Zero point, Tachyokenitic, then the Romulan Embassy Boffs that boost CritH, then the Spire Reputation that give it a boost as well, Make sure your Energy weapon skill and Acc skill have at 9 points. Then add 4 or 5 of the Spire consoles that Boost CrtH then get some CRTD x3 weapons and watch the magic.
30% extra crtd isn't the same as 30% extra dmg, it's not even 30% extra damage when you crit. Crit chance starts at 0%, crit damage starts at 150%. If you have 1% and add an extra 1%, that effectively doubles your dmg from crit. If you have 150% (base) and add 30%, well, you get the idea.

Also, universal consoles take slots. You need to balance it against what you're giving up. That may be plasma science consoles that counts as a third of a tac console in dmg (9.6%), or neut/rcs. These are not free crit. Also keep in mind that crit damage is based on base damage. If your base damage increase by x percentage, when you crit, your crit damage also increase by x percentage, the difference is they're not worthless when you don't crit.

Last edited by noblet; 02-23-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Captain
# 13
02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
You absolutely need both.

Cap severity first, as there is a relatively easy hard cap currently obtainable (anything over 120 severity is good on your display, 160-170 if you know how to add on mods and skill bonuses)

Once you are here, anything under 15 crit chance is completely maxed out, period.

Then work on crit chance and push it as high as you can, since you cant stack any more severity anyway, it becomes a linear increase at this point.

This will ensure you are getting the most bang for your crit buck.

Under NO circumstances should you ever stack all crit without any severity to back it. Yes you will crit more, but your crits will be ridiculously small by comparison to a slightly lower chance and much higher severity.

Remember, 100 severity is double damage, take that into account.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 02-23-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Commander
# 14
02-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
I would love to see how you are getting those numbers. Would you share the build.
Are my numbers totally off then and I've pulled out some impossible stats? 20% crit chance seemed very high to me as well.
Commander
# 15
02-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post

Under NO circumstances should you ever stack all crit without any severity to back it. Yes you will crit more, but your crits will be ridiculously small by comparison to a slightly lower chance and much higher severity.
This is where I think I have gone hideously wrong then. At the moment, all my DHC weapons are running with DMGx3 and CritH on them.
Captain
# 16
02-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbfly View Post
This is where I think I have gone hideously wrong then. At the moment, all my DHC weapons are running with DMGx3 and CritH on them.
Id suggest retesting with the dmgx3 critD or accx2 dmgx2 and see if you note any difference.

Id suspect you will in both cases. If your critH after mods is under 15 you will definitely see a marked improvement. If it is over 15, that depends on the rest of your build.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
Commander
# 17
02-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Id suggest retesting with the dmgx3 critD or accx2 dmgx2 and see if you note any difference.

Id suspect you will in both cases. If your critH after mods is under 15 you will definitely see a marked improvement. If it is over 15, that depends on the rest of your build.
I know people have said this a lot but this is what bugs me about the game. Its so frustrating you can't apply stuff and have something in game that shows all the boosts in crit and severity. Its stuff like this that will cripple my ability to get a decent built going as I'm hopeless at maths.
Captain
# 18
02-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Quote:
I know people have said this a lot but this is what bugs me about the game. Its so frustrating you can't apply stuff and have something in game that shows all the boosts in crit and severity. Its stuff like this that will cripple my ability to get a decent built going as I'm hopeless at maths.
its pretty simple math though.

If you have 9 points in energy weapon specialization
and a crit H mod

you should expect about 4 percent more crit than what is displayed on your character sheet in space

there is more to it, but thats the simple math itself. accuracy overflow will really throw you off if you are weak in math. but accx2 is the same or greater than a critH mod in every way, if your target has lowest defense (through speed restriction or debuff)
Commander
# 19
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Quote:
its pretty simple math though.

If you have 9 points in energy weapon specialization
and a crit H mod

you should expect about 4 percent more crit than what is displayed on your character sheet in space

there is more to it, but thats the simple math itself. accuracy overflow will really throw you off if you are weak in math. but accx2 is the same or greater than a critH mod in every way, if your target has lowest defense (through speed restriction or debuff)
I won't lie. I'm pathetic at maths. I added you as a friend BTW
Captain
# 20
02-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Quote:
I won't lie. I'm pathetic at maths. I added you as a friend BTW
Thats cool. And yeah I understand, this game is very math heavy when you get into min/maxing a build. Although I can tell you that if your DPS is over 5000 youre probably adequate for most anything anyway. Those of us that push over 20,000 are doing it for the sake of it really, at least me anyway.

You dont need it, if I am honest.