Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Team instancing is broken
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I teamed with a friend last night and we were trying to complete missions together, but it was a huge chore to try to get into the same instance. We were doing the "Secure the Sirius Block" mission, but even though we were on the same team it would not allow us in the same instance. We would enter at the same time or shortly after one another, but would always get separated. If I tried to manually switch to his instance, it would just repeatedly do a 30 second refresh, but it allowed me to switch to any other instance.

On top of that, when we exit missions, we don't always end up in the same instance of sector space. This absolutely has to be fixed. Everything being an instance is bad enough, but it becomes nearly unplayable if team members can't stay together.

Another team-related instancing issue... when trying to meet up in sector space, I switched to my teammate's instance at the same time that he switched to mine. That "fooled" the game into thinking we were in the same instance (I could see his picture in the team area), but we were still separated. It would not allow me to go to his instance after that and we had to both switch again to a completely separate instance in order to meet up.

Please address the issues with instancing as I feel these are critical issues upon release. If you continue to make it difficult for people to play with their friends, they won't stick around very long.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Nobody else is having these problems?