Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 1 Omni Antiproton
02-25-2014, 06:46 AM
Greetings All,

I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too, but wish to be sure) regarding the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam. Is there any way for me to get it? I have the Obilisk, and snagged the Warp Core with it (very nice by the way), but never reran anything to get the array - between doctors, tests, etc... = no time. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Cheers,
Scott
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133
# 2
02-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor248 View Post
Greetings All,

I have a question (that I think I already know the answer too, but wish to be sure) regarding the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam. Is there any way for me to get it? I have the Obilisk, and snagged the Warp Core with it (very nice by the way), but never reran anything to get the array - between doctors, tests, etc... = no time. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Cheers,
Scott
Pretty sure the Omnidirectional AP beam is available as an alternate reward for Sphere of Influence, so replay it and select the beam array when you finish.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,904
# 3
02-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Yep. Just replay Sphere of Influence. You can replay the mission from your mission journal.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 4
02-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Thank you everyone.

Scott
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
# 5
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread (already resolved anyway) but I have a similar question and can't make new threads yet.

My question is: I did the sphere of influence mission and got the obelisk warp and Omni beam but the problem is that the obelisk warp core says it's sub admiral I. The minimum to even get the mission is vice admiral. The beam didn't have a rank but the obelisk warp core does and it doesn't match anything I found online. It has a +4 auxiliary which is inferior to the vice admiral one. So I don't know what is going on.

Another thing is when I equip both pieces it shows as a two-piece set but I don't see any icon showing that the 10% bonus is applied, and I fear it's not being applied.

Does anyone have any insight. Also when I check the mission reward again it show the obelisk as sub admiral I or I would have just took done it again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Without the 10% bonus it would be worthless to use.

Thank you.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,472
# 6
06-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philroe View Post
Hey Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread (already resolved anyway) but I have a similar question and can't make new threads yet.

My question is: I did the sphere of influence mission and got the obelisk warp and Omni beam but the problem is that the obelisk warp core says it's sub admiral I. The minimum to even get the mission is vice admiral. The beam didn't have a rank but the obelisk warp core does and it doesn't match anything I found online. It has a +4 auxiliary which is inferior to the vice admiral one. So I don't know what is going on.

Another thing is when I equip both pieces it shows as a two-piece set but I don't see any icon showing that the 10% bonus is applied, and I fear it's not being applied.

Does anyone have any insight. Also when I check the mission reward again it show the obelisk as sub admiral I or I would have just took done it again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Without the 10% bonus it would be worthless to use.

Thank you.
It's applied, trust it.

And yes, it's worthless if it doesn't have the 10% dmg bonus. But it does.

It's the same core. The stats are what they are.
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,157
# 7
06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Issue is that you ran the episode during the event when you only needed to be a level, 10 to go through.

Rerun and get your VA core.

As for the 2p...I'm not sure if it makes an icon...might be under space skills in the character sheet. it is working though.

Cheers
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,472
# 8
06-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Issue is that you ran the episode during the event when you only needed to be a level, 10 to go through.

Rerun and get your VA core.

As for the 2p...I'm not sure if it makes an icon...might be under space skills in the character sheet. it is working though.

Cheers
So there are actually 2 different cores? I remember running it with a new char back then, and getting the same core. It's been a while though. Oh well, learn something new every day.
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,157
# 9
06-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
So there are actually 2 different cores? I remember running it with a new char back then, and getting the same core. It's been a while though. Oh well, learn something new every day.
You would think the core would be a level with you deal...

I can't check but isn't the core a selection reward, not an innate part of the obelisk?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
# 10
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Issue is that you ran the episode during the event when you only needed to be a level, 10 to go through.

Rerun and get your VA core.

As for the 2p...I'm not sure if it makes an icon...might be under space skills in the character sheet. it is working though.

Cheers
Hi,

I ran the mission about 2-3 weeks ago, I'm not sure if the event was happening then. When I check the mission reward right now it shows Sub Admiral I (same core I got now).

Should I re-run the mission anyway? Something just doesn't feel right lol

Thank you kindly.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27 PM.