Survivor of Romulus
HP Pavilion g7
Intel i5 3210m
8 GB RAM

Task Manager

In the game i had no problems, now hour after i log out and exit the game this happens.
I have notice my fan on laptop is overheating.

I mean 60% CPU, come on ???

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Seconded - yesterday I left ARC running all day. Came home from work and logged into the game and everything was insanely slow and choppy. Checked task manager and ARC was using 75% CPU. Restarted ARC and my problems went away. I've been using ARC since September without problems, but have noticed that the latest version occassionally uses alot of CPU.

I guess the real question is - what is ARC doing when my PC is just sitting idle?

AMD Quad Core (A6 IIRC) with 4GB and GeForce 9800GTX+.
Captain
# 3
02-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Arc is not undertaken by the DEVS. ARC is a separate team separate from STO. If you want to send feedback relating to the issue, you can do via the ARC feedback thread here on the forum, or via the feedback button on the ARC client itself.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=977831
Live long and Prosper
Ensign
# 4
03-11-2014, 07:37 AM
I absolutely agree. This ARC Client is a POS. Ever since I downloaded it and have to use it to play STO, it leads to consuming a lot of my CPU. I have never seen any other clients use up so much CPU like this ARC. My gameplay because very intolerable because of the ARC.

I want the ability to shut off ARC client and play STO. Seriously, eating up 40 to 60 percent of my CPU? That's a very crappy client and the programmers that designed that client should be fired. I don't know where you get off in forcing us to use ARC and expect us to have a good gameplay experience.

I'm really aggravated with this company and its lousy team of programmers in relation to ARC client.
Community Moderator
# 5
03-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Have had arc going constantly for the past 3-4 days, sitting at 0% cpu usage idle, with 3.2mb used. When in game (STO), still sits at 0% cpu, and up to 5.3 mb of ram usage.

This is using a dual core with 6 gb of ram on 64bit windows 8.1
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 6
03-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Good lord you all are using some labor intensive application, don't get me wrong I know that arc and sto are some memory hogs, but the op has google chrome and windows explorer eating up huge amounts.

And as for sto or arc using a large amount of cpu, this is what keeps leading to game freezing for me.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet