Lt. Commander
# 381
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
I appreciate you taking the time to input so many suggestions (and there are a lot of them).
The OP created is a general guide that works well for most people with most builds. Over time and changes in the game, some people find different things that may allow them to get out a bit more DPS when parsed, however some of them are misleading.

One of the things that I stated a few times was that this was not for "DPS" in the strict sense of the term (unfortunately I can't change the name of the OP). I explained that these builds are a good way for people starting off to get the most out of what they have (and there's some other more advanced builds included as well) as well as stay alive. I've been a big proponent of it being hard to do damage when you're dead, which has only been amplified with the addition of the increasing cooldown timers upon death.

I have also heard some people who prefer to go with 4x DHC's, rather than 3xDHC's and a torpedo launcher. I have a hard time doing that, considering the benefits of some of the torps now, especially the romulan hyper-plasma ans it's splash damage.