Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Account Names?
01-19-2010, 04:19 AM
Why do we have "show account names" as an option in the chat list? That should be between just you and customer support? I saw that and I thought "Wow, I didn't want people to know that!!" Considering it is a UI option that is currently in-game, is that something that will be permanent, or is this just for the beta?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 05:27 AM
It does not show your login name. It only shows your forum handle. I know this because my launchpad login and forum handle are different - and it shows my forum handle to other people.

Cryptic is just helping us to find our friends on the forums!

Note to Cryptic: Please clarify this in the options menu for future reference. It may confuse people in the future and cause unwanted bad reactions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 05:28 AM
That should just disable the @names for your screen only.

It should probably be called something like "Show Forum Name/Public Handle" or somesuch, as it's not your login name but the name on the forums (unless you've set them both the same, in which case you can contact billing to sort it out.)

For example, my forum display name here is Moturdrn, whilst my account name is something like Asshjbasf123 (it actually isn't but you get the idea, or am I lying? ) so you'd see CharacterName@Moturdrn in the chat window. If you personally unticked that, you wouldn't see the @Moturdrn, but I would still see yours and everyone else's.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Gotcha.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Hmmm....

this "@name" shows up your twinks. But why that? I would prefer to play one "main character" and one or more "let-me-alone-for-today" twinks...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I put in a ticket to suggest that they clarify this feature in the settings window to prevent confusion.