Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCD View Post
I would love to confirm this and be certain it is the chipset.

Have either of you tried adjusting the audio/video settings to see if you can get a different result?
try almost everything but a new Pc or Laptop
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey guys. I too have the 965 Chipset and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I have tried updating the drivers from both the Intel site and the manufacturer's (Dell) site, reducing all quality levels and overclocking my laptop and still it will not work! I refuse to believe the only solution is buying a new (more expensive) laptop after only haveing bought the one I have a year ago.

If anyone can suggest anything else to try then please let me know. I just really want to play STO!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndorianShran View Post
Gotcha.

Okay, so for everyone with the 965 chipset, go to Intel website and update your:

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

Hope that helps.

Maybe some mod could sticky this or repost solution as a sticky?
This is for 64bit. Rezinar and myself are both on 32bit so that driver doesn't solve it. Do you think upgrading to 64bit will solve the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 14 6day and is no fix
01-19-2010, 07:22 AM
It been 6day and they have no fix it so I thinking on refund my copy Star Trek Online and sticking with World of ********. when I had problem with World of ******** it take they a day to fix it
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I give them the fact that it is open beta they probably have alot of bugs. I personally also have the same proble and the posted link that was said to fix it, i changed to 32 bit because that is my system rather then 64, I had to uninstall my graphics driver then reinstall the package it warned me it was a downgrade i said ok.

Upon completion of that i logged in and I could actually move but it was 100% graphical glitch I could not make out any shapes because of a second graphical issue.

I don't believe it is fair that you are comparing this games BETA to World of ********. Especially considering that they didn't have that problem untill there THIRD expansion pack so it is pretty damn obvious that they could fix it within a day.

I will probably keep my pre-order but not activate the free month until there is a guaranteed patch for the problem. I do hope they fix it before Beta ends so I can determine for myself if I want the game but... you can only hope for so much in a beta.