Captain
# 31
02-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsteve1 View Post
At the moment my numbers are 14.62% CritH and 132% CritD, but that is without taking into account any accuracy overflow or weapon mods.
So it sounds like my CritH is in line with other players, but my CritD needs some help. However, since I'm more interested in CritH for its T4 Placate proc, I'm happy to know I'm not behind the curve on that front. CritD improvement will have to come from new weapons as I don't really want to drop my Locators any time soon.

RCK
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-26-2014, 07:40 AM
So after following rck10's lead, my calculations for me are -

critH 10.22%
critD 94.2%

Remembering how slow I am with all this, am I now correct in saying I need take weapons and Fleet Spire consoles with CritH and CritD bonuses and use these to slowly bump my stats.

So grab a CritH DHC for example with CritH +2 which takes me to

critH 10.22% + CritH +2% = 12.22%

And keep doing this until I get my CritD and CritH to a complimentary level (I'm aiming for CritH/Severity of 160 and CritH at 20).
Captain
# 33
02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Doh!

Forgot to add in my Locator consoles!

So my CritH total is 14.22 + 4.8 = 19.02, which is awfully close to what my Attack tab says (18.5).

Hmmm...maybe the UI isn't so borked after all, though it's still under-reporting my CritD by a goo 20% or more...

RCK
Captain
# 34
02-26-2014, 08:29 AM
In discussing CrtD, it might be worth mentioning that thread out there complaining about AP not working correctly with regard to the numbers...going through several of the parses that have been linked out there...ayup, definitely doesn't appear to be working.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 35
02-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Doh!

Forgot to add in my Locator consoles!

So my CritH total is 14.22 + 4.8 = 19.02, which is awfully close to what my Attack tab says (18.5).

Hmmm...maybe the UI isn't so borked after all, though it's still under-reporting my CritD by a goo 20% or more...

RCK
The "Attack" tab includes only those sources of crit chance and crit severity that can be applied to all your weapons. Starship Energy Weapon Specialization applies to energy weapons only, and Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization applies to projectiles only. You may have different modifiers on each of your weapons. But "Attack" tab shows only one crit chance number and one crit severity number. It can't reflect the differences between energy weapons and projectiles and the differences between all your weapons.
Captain
# 36
02-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
In discussing CrtD, it might be worth mentioning that thread out there complaining about AP not working correctly with regard to the numbers...going through several of the parses that have been linked out there...ayup, definitely doesn't appear to be working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
I believe adjudicatorhawk mentioned accuracy overflow isn't working properly with a lot of stuff so may end up being scrapped or something to that effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Yes, we're looking into it. Accuracy Overflow won't currently work for any power that "ignores accuracy" - powers that have any autohit stage.

Acc Overflow is a really arcane mechanic that doesn't message well at all. Fixing it will be a widespread change to the mechanic as a whole, not just a change to a flag on Fire at Will. It will take a little while, but it's in the pipeline to be adjusted to work.
bpharma's bit was from another thread, but it got me thinking about what I said in this thread about the AP...which led to me looking up the Hawk bit...which reminded me it was the FAW AP bit.

But yeah, with FAW having an "autohit" stage (target determination) and TS never missing...
Captain
# 37
02-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
The "Attack" tab includes only those sources of crit chance and crit severity that can be applied to all your weapons. Starship Energy Weapon Specialization applies to energy weapons only, and Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization applies to projectiles only. You may have different modifiers on each of your weapons. But "Attack" tab shows only one crit chance number and one crit severity number. It can't reflect the differences between energy weapons and projectiles and the differences between all your weapons.
Now I'm confused again. Are you saying that the Attack tab does NOT reflect points from Weapons Specialization? In other words, should I be taking whatever I see there for CritH/CritD and adding the bonus values for each specialization (energy, projectile) to come up with a final number for each weapon type (energy/projectile)?

Bottom Line: Assuming no weapon-specific modifiers, should I take the 18.5/79.1 I see in Attack and simply add 2/25 (9 points in specialization) to those values to come up with my final CritH/CritD values?

Interestingly, that math once again puts me back close to the values I calculated on my own (19.02/104.02), yet in my earlier calculations I had already included the specialization bonuses.

Update: Now that I have some coffee in me it all makes sense. The Attack tab is leaving out the specialization bonuses which, when added back in, bring it in line with my manual calculations. So for future reference, I should just check the Attack tab, then add on the flat 9-point specialization bonus and also any weapon-specific bonuses to come up with a final number for any specific weapon. Makes sense.

RCK

Last edited by rck01; 02-26-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Captain
# 38
02-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Update: Now that I have some coffee in me it all makes sense. The Attack tab is leaving out the specialization bonuses which, when added back in, bring it in line with my manual calculations. So for future reference, I should just check the Attack tab, then add on the flat 9-point specialization bonus and also any weapon-specific bonuses to come up with a final number for any specific weapon. Makes sense.

RCK
Yep, the Attack Tab is what affects all...you still have to do a bunch of manual calculations. Like if I look at what Willard's sporting right now...

Attack
CrtH: 16.8%
(2.5% (Base) + 6% (3x Sup Op) + 1.5% (Rom Op) + 3% (T2 Rom) + 3% (2pc Proton) +0.76% (Tachyo) = 16.76% (which Attack rounds to 16.8%))
CrtD: 101.6%
(50% (Base) + 15% (3x Sup Op) + 3.8% (Rom Op) +10% (T2 Dyson) +15.2% (Bioneural) +7.6% (Tachyo) = 101.6%)

Weapons
Grav Photon Torp (+6% CrtH, +2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 24.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Temporal Dis Torp (+40% CrtD, +2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 18.76% CrtH & 166.6% CrtD
Chron A2CrtH Trop (+2% CrtH, +2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 20.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Elachi Sub Torp (+60% CrtD, +2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 18.76% CrtH & 186.6% CrtD
Hyper-Plas Torp (+2% CrtH, +2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 20.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Bio-Mole Torp (+2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 18.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Hargh'peng Torp (+2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 18.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Destabilized Plas Torp (+2% CrtH, +25% CrtD): 18.76% CrtH & 126.6% CrtD
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
02-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
AP weapons list there CrtD without the %

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Captain
# 40
02-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
RCK
Glad you've figured it out. Are many people confused about how to simply sum the numbers? Maybe, Cryptic should list the total crit figures in the weapon pop-ups.