Lt. Commander
This isn't a login issue ...

Anyone else getting disconnected when they warp or beam up/down?

I am constantly getting disconnected, and out of my little group of friends (5 or 6 of us) I seem to be the worse. I get disconnected like every third or fourth time we warp or beam.

I see a lot of issues about the login ... I can deal with that, but this constant disconnect is driving me crazy.

The game plays great for me when I'm actually in the game ... graphics are fine, little or no lag, very little warping.

The only thing we can think of is that I've only got 2GB of RAM on this box. ????
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I get this quite regularly, particularly when transitioning from a ground mission to local (not sector) space. The "human in space" problem rears its ugly head just before the crash-to-desktop occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 08:48 PM
I have the same problem today. Two crashes back to back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm having a particularly bad time right now ... just doing PvP, its like every time I click to join a game ... BAM, disconnect. Click click click ... get in for the last half .... game is over, leave map, BAM! Disconnected.

Get back into the game, join pvp queue, rinse and repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, 6gb ram here and I get the exact same thing, so I wouldn't say that's your problem.

The game is silky-smooth, except for the disconnects every 5 minutes or so. It's usually on a transition, but not necessarily.

Really hoping this gets resolved; my gf was getting into playing it until this started happening!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I have a Fleetmate that has the exact same problem, I've been trying to figure out what the deal is with this issue. At first I thought maybe it was his internet connection, but after seeing people post here about the exact same issue I will have to guess it's something more. I personally play the game non-stop with zero crashes. He can't stay on more then an hour or less without a disconnect. It lets him back on after his character times out.

This issue is not a CTD; it is just a disconnect and back to log in constantly.

I will have him post here with his Computer Details and maybe you guys that are posting here have the same rigs...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfeather
I have a Fleetmate that has the exact same problem, I've been trying to figure out what the deal is with this issue. At first I thought maybe it was his internet connection, but after seeing people post here about the exact same issue I will have to guess it's something more. I personally play the game non-stop with zero crashes. He can't stay on more then an hour or less without a disconnect. It lets him back on after his character times out.

This issue is not a CTD; it is just a disconnect and back to log in constantly.

I will have him post here with his Computer Details and maybe you guys that are posting here have the same rigs...
Hell, I wish I could stay in the game an hour. I can't typically stay in more than fifteen minutes, unless I stay in the same instance.

Its not internet issues, or ISP issues. I pay for first rate 3MB ATM DSL business line (I wanted my own static IPs). I handle my own network.

That's one of the few pieces to this puzzle I'm sure of. Hell, I'm screaming bloody murder if my DNS connections goes above an average of 40ms and my gateway screams at 14ms avg.

I am suspicious that its memory leaks somewhere, or there's some memory swapping problems ... but then people with 6MB of RAM are having problems too? So that makes me question that.