Career Officer
# 11
10-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
Have you tried restarting your hardware, clearing your cache etc as this normally fixes that.

I had done all that before I posted. As I said, this is a brand new format. I had to rebuild my computer. On my laptop, I can still take screenshots. On my main computer, the screenshots folder doesn't exist, as I had stated in my original post.
Centurus
The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
Career Officer
# 12
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
You also might try right clicking on the Launcher icon, and select 'Run as administrator' in case you have the wrong file permissions on the directory where the screenshot folder is suppose to be...
Nope. If I didn't have permissions, I wouldn't have been able to install the game in the first place. Since no one else uses the computer other than me, I have no reason to have restricted access to my own computer.
Centurus
The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote: "...I had to rebuild my main computer, and on a new hard drive installed Windows 7, but I found out that in order to install STO I had to install Arc. ..."

Ah shame you didn't just copy STO onto a USB flash/HDD, there would be no need to reinstall. Just copy the game over to your HD, or just run from the USB.

I keep STO on a USB3 16GB Flash drive, and run it on my work PC on lunch break, and at home. Works with no issues. Of course my screen resolutions are the same, but anyway.

Never used this ARC you're talking about. Do you have any friends nearby from which you could just grab their STO installation (with no arc), and just copy onto your PC.

Just delete the folders "cef_cache" and "localdata"
Career Officer
# 14
10-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrcenturus View Post
Nope. If I didn't have permissions, I wouldn't have been able to install the game in the first place. Since no one else uses the computer other than me, I have no reason to have restricted access to my own computer.
Actually, it does make a difference if it was installed as 'administrator' vs 'user' mode, or if it was a copied file directory tree... And it doesn't hurt to try...
Career Officer
# 15
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Actually, it does make a difference if it was installed as 'administrator' vs 'user' mode, or if it was a copied file directory tree... And it doesn't hurt to try...
I'm not in user mode, never am. Always administrator. I didn't copy the game over from another install, although gizmox64 did give me an idea, and STO is still working on my laptop and on my old drive with my XP install and old files.

If I can't resolve the issue, I'll go is route.
Centurus
The Starfleet Renegades

Career Officer
# 16
10-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrcenturus View Post
I'm not in user mode, never am. Always administrator. ....
If you always run as 'administrator', then why is their a 'Run as administrator' option in the right click menu? Think about what this means....
Career Officer
# 17
10-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
If you always run as 'administrator', then why is their a 'Run as administrator' option in the right click menu? Think about what this means....
Means I know a few more tricks than you do.

Anyway, I managed to fix it. Had to uninstall the entire game including Arc, and then reinstall the game from an old setup, and let the game patch itself for 2 hours.

All problems fixed, and I have screenshot capabilities again.
Centurus
The Starfleet Renegades

Starfleet Veteran
# 18 Arc needs a screenshot option
02-26-2014, 08:24 PM
/screenshot is n Cryotics STO as installing Arc changes some interface options in the game you have to use the /screenshot right? then there is the old hunt down the screenshot for days thing use a search for each one each time. Bad build Arc fix it. "BBAFI"