Ensign
So after a long hiatus, I decided to come back to sto. I downloaded arc, and re-installed sto. once all was said and done, I went to play sto, but it just stays on the Initializing Star Trek online please wait screen. Any ideas why? I'm opening it through the arc client, is there any way to use the old sto launcher? would it make any difference?
Captain
# 2
02-27-2014, 12:36 AM
That is odd indeed. There have been server stability issues the last week (somebody choked the hamster again). At the current stage I do not believe you can point the finger of blame towards Arc. Granted, its beta software, but on the occasions I play STO through Arc I don't have a different experience than playing through Steam.

You might try to open a Steam STO Launcher, just to make sure. And I believe that somebody on the forums (sorry that I don't know the name) still has a link to the standalone launcher. Not that that launcher will survive much longer.

Otherwise, contact Support. They are the guys that can help you out.

Ow, and welcome back to STO! Hope you didn't fell for a "Can I haz your stuff" when you left!
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Click me for the best thread ever!
Discuss my idea of restructuring the current levelling here.
Proud leader of the Delta Task Force.
Ensign
# 3
02-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
That is odd indeed. There have been server stability issues the last week (somebody choked the hamster again). At the current stage I do not believe you can point the finger of blame towards Arc. Granted, its beta software, but on the occasions I play STO through Arc I don't have a different experience than playing through Steam.

You might try to open a Steam STO Launcher, just to make sure. And I believe that somebody on the forums (sorry that I don't know the name) still has a link to the standalone launcher. Not that that launcher will survive much longer.

Otherwise, contact Support. They are the guys that can help you out.

Ow, and welcome back to STO! Hope you didn't fell for a "Can I haz your stuff" when you left!
Thanks, and the Steam launcher worked so thanks again.
Captain
# 4
02-27-2014, 09:16 AM
The game is patching right now, as it is going through its normal weekly updates. It will not be up for another 1-1.5 hours.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 5
02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The game is patching right now, as it is going through its normal weekly updates. It will not be up for another 1-1.5 hours.
whats that matter? he posted this Yesterday, 10:52 PM according to the time stamp on his post.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
whats that matter? he posted this Yesterday, 10:52 PM according to the time stamp on his post.
Sorry, I did not look at the time. I saw the tread come up at 10:15 AM today and then replied to the OP.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.