Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 71
02-27-2014, 09:05 AM
I dunno - I don't usually have mine on display anyway.
In most walks of life, running around, basically saying "look at my huge weapon", is just asking for trouble.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
# 72
02-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Every one of my characters has this bug. It's actually annoying. Have them remove weapons from being visible when holstered for everyone then. Looks awful to have everyone's weapons flash in and out view any time they move or activate something. I don't see how something this global could have been changed and nobody in QA thought to mention it...
Ensign
# 73
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I dunno - I don't usually have mine on display anyway.
In most walks of life, running around, basically saying "look at my huge weapon", is just asking for trouble.
If I turn my own weapon visibility off, will it also turn off yours? I am fine with all weapons being invisible forever if that is what cryptic wants. It's the popping in and out of view everyone has going on that looks way broken
Career Officer
# 74
02-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar1979 View Post
If I turn my own weapon visibility off, will it also turn off yours? I am fine with all weapons being invisible forever if that is what cryptic wants. It's the popping in and out of view everyone has going on that looks way broken
Turning it off only turns it off on that character. For instance, I turn it off on any of my BOFFs who use a rifle because I'm really not a fan of seeing rifles stuck to their backs, but I leave it on for the BOFFs who use pistols. They have already confirmed they're working on it, so hopefully it wont take too long to fix. I wouldn't like to go back to the days where no weapons were on display unless in use.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 75 The solution is simple.
03-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Whatever the update did, it ****ed around with what hides weapons (assuming some form of checkbox like code) that occurs on certain animations (such as many emotes) and somehow (why they were messing with idle animations I have no idea) added this 'hide weapon while doing this animation' tag to all but the 'standard' idle animations.

Why is 'Standard' the only one unaffected though? I don't mind 'standard' (it has the normal non-girly run cycle which I prefer) but it seems rather robotic compared to the others.

Looking at the patch notes, which may or may not contain all changes, the only ones likely to be related to animations are the changes to starfleet security ensigns. The connection is minimal I know, but it seems to be the only one that even seems vaguely connected to idle animations, as all the other character related changes were mainly for errors in the Character Creator (allowed and disallowed options) and bridge backgrounds (which is surely idependant from animations, seeing as it's a visual effect added to to pop-up dialogue).

As with all bugs (bar the KDF uniform locking which is ancient and seems to be caused by trying to edit appearance on either yourself or boffs (other than the first time for the one the window is for) in the window that pops up if you choose to edit a boffs appearance once you have recruited them), the solution is almost certainly going to be found in the update that caused it.

On a completely unrelated note. It's also nice to see that the U.S.S. Renown no longer shows up isntead of a Typhoon in random mobs (or sometimes even named ships like the U.S.S. Dewitt (boarding a Typhoon then leaving a Renown (can't remember it's class) was always weird).
Quote:
If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron

Last edited by roebotsixtyfive; 03-01-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-03-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm currently on the surface of vlugta asteroid mine(as in space walking on the asteroid itself) and my weapons show when in idle stance..but nowhere else do they show when in idle stance.
freedom is the right of all sentient beings -optimus prime, transformers 2007
Captain
# 77
03-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Weirdly my foundry toon appears to be uneffected by this during map testing, So its obviouslt something they broke by mistake on the Holdeck servers not the whole game

During this Foundry Bonus Weekend, don't just choose the shortest missions, choose to play the best missions. Have more fun, get more marks!

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Captain
# 78
03-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebotsixtyfive View Post

On a completely unrelated note. It's also nice to see that the U.S.S. Renown no longer shows up isntead of a Typhoon in random mobs (or sometimes even named ships like the U.S.S. Dewitt (boarding a Typhoon then leaving a Renown (can't remember it's class) was always weird).
Regent Class I think

During this Foundry Bonus Weekend, don't just choose the shortest missions, choose to play the best missions. Have more fun, get more marks!

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
This makes no sense that some (very few) players with standard animation set have their weapons showing fine while they are idle AND moving, but in MY standard animation, (or ANY animation set I have tried them all and the same goes for my BOffs both male and female) I only see my weapons when I am moving, and they vanish when I idle.

This has to be the most visibly screwed up bug in awhile... I see other people now with their weapons... I change my stance to theirs.. still broken.

Anyone see any news or fixes on this with tribble server?

Like I said, I'd want all weapons removed from everyone at this point, nothing visible. It's screwed up to only see 10% of player weapons working correctly and the rest flashing in and out like a magic act. Some think that showing a weapon is an ego thing, and it is, but the point is it was working before.

Also, whenever you hear something along the lines of "we know about it but it's not 100% reproducible" it means "our testers only look at what we want them to look at and the rest of the time don't bother thoroughly testing other unimportant things like Dyson BZ geography traps and kdf costumes..."
Career Officer
# 80
03-05-2014, 03:23 PM
So the workaround is standard? Thanks for that info OP but devs, please fix. It's annoying as hell.