Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Got the same on my youngest toon incidentally after hitting level 50 right after the patch last week.

So was glad I could respec for free anyway.

Haven't checked if my other toons's skills are also invalid.
Captain
# 12
02-27-2014, 07:02 AM
I noticed it happens once in every character you have. After you use the respec, it wont happen again. But they already made you to use a free respec, sigh.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
02-27-2014, 10:02 AM
This is the game's way of keeping your characters from breaking.

Basically, the game detected that something had changed that would break the character, be it data corruption or whatever. As a result it mandates a respec and provides a free respec token.

This is needed because STO characters are very complex from a data standpoint and that makes them a bit fragile.
Captain
# 14
02-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post

Basically, the game detected that something had changed that would break the character, be it data corruption or whatever. As a result it mandates a respec and provides a free respec token.

This is needed because STO characters are very complex from a data standpoint and that makes them a bit fragile.
Cool thanks for the reply to this saved the need for a bug report
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 15
02-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Quote:

The character this has happened to twice has been broken since the launch of S7, and hasn't been fixed since.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
02-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
The character this has happened to twice has been broken since the launch of S7, and hasn't been fixed since.
I'm confused. In your post earlier in this thread you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
This has only ever happen on my fed human now twice, the funny part is I don't mind it because it is free each time.
That leads me to believe that you've needed to respec your character twice but you didn't mind.

What is it about your character that is broken and hasn't been fixed?
Ensign
# 17
02-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Quote:

you know a warning or explanation of what happened in our inbox would be nice and it would avoid this kind of thing in the future.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pertune View Post
you know a warning or explanation of what happened in our inbox would be nice and it would avoid this kind of thing in the future.
That's a good idea. I'll put in a request for such.