Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 982
# 1 No ship token upon promotion
02-26-2014, 09:11 AM
I just got promoted to lvl 30 on my Romulan Tac. Unfortunately I did not get a token to claim a free ship. I suspect that the reason is that I never bothered claiming my lvl 20 subcommander ship which was still available to claim. However after claiming that one, I also did not get the option to claim the captain one. I guess you ought to do some fixing.....

UPDATE

So I just played some missions on the character, go to the missions tab and notice the lvl 30 promotion mission is in my missions tab again.

So I do everything again, and there you go here's my lvl 30 ship.

It seems as if the first promotion mission it showed me was the one for the lvl 20, and in order to get the 30 as well I had to complete the second mission which I did not see in my tab.

I guess the problem is solved
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/

Last edited by vocmcp; 02-28-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,903
# 2
02-26-2014, 01:31 PM
You did talk to the dude in the office before going to the shipyard right?
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,679
# 3
02-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
I just got promoted to lvl 30 on my Romulan Tac. Unfortunately I did not get a token to claim a free ship. I suspect that the reason is that I never bothered claiming my lvl 20 subcommander ship which was still available to claim. However after claiming that one, I also did not get the option to claim the captain one. I guess you ought to do some fixing.....
For a Romulan republic character you need to go to New Romulus Command and talk to admiral what's-his-names in the room down the hall. Go down the hall past the turbolift to the shipyard and go to the first room on the left.

Free ship tokens from being promoted are tied to ship tiers and having an unused token for a lower tier shouldn't prevent you from getting a token for a higher tier. The tokens can only be used for a tiered ship you got the token for. So when you're level 40 you won't be able to use your level 20 token to get a level 40 ship, but you can still use the token to get a level 20 ship.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 982
# 4
02-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
You did talk to the dude in the office before going to the shipyard right?
Yes I did. I completed the promotion mission as intended. However I did not get the ship token for lvl 30. All I had was my unused lvl 20 one.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,903
# 5
02-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Since a day has passed, you've totally exited and restarted the client yes? I take it if you go to the shipyard again you still can't get the proper ship?
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 982
# 6
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Since a day has passed, you've totally exited and restarted the client yes? I take it if you go to the shipyard again you still can't get the proper ship?
Affirmative. Still no change.

Are those ships also locked by mission progression? I've only done the episodes until you have to choose a faction and maybe 1 more. I leveled to 30 with Mirror and doffing.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,903
# 7
02-27-2014, 04:28 PM
If you've already chosen a faction then I don't believe anything should be locked. I leveled a fed character up to 50 with almost nothing but doffing and had access the the proper tiers of ships if I recall, but I chose to skip some tiers as I didn't need them since I wasn't engaging in any combat.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,219
# 8
02-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
Affirmative. Still no change.

Are those ships also locked by mission progression? I've only done the episodes until you have to choose a faction and maybe 1 more. I leveled to 30 with Mirror and doffing.
You might have run into an edge case that's breaking something. I'll see what I can find out.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 375
# 9
02-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocmcp View Post
Yes I did. I completed the promotion mission as intended. However I did not get the ship token for lvl 30. All I had was my unused lvl 20 one.
did you claim your lvl 20 ship? if not maybe the game wants u to claim that one first then try to claim the lvl 30
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 982
# 10
02-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
You might have run into an edge case that's breaking something. I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks a lot Frost!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.