Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't Start Game
01-19-2010, 07:13 AM
After two days of downloading the game, I can't start it. After I log in and hit engage, I get a mostly black screen with a large Cryptic logo and my curser becomes a rotating blue circle. It will stay like this as long as I let it. After I CTRL-ALT-DEL out, I sometimes have a error message about unpacking error or something like that. Anyone have an idea what is wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 07:14 AM
You can try this, in the launch window, click on options, and then tick force verify, this will just check if theirs any damage to the files.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks MOX. I'll try that.

The error message I mentioned in my IP is "Fatal Error: Error decompressing data". I see this window after I break out of the game with CTRL-ALT-DEL.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I have the same problem. I've tried the verify all files option, and I downloaded the game from both File Planet and the Cryptic Downloader to see if it was a bad copy. Anybody else have this problem, and more importantly, a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I am stuck on updating launcher and times out
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
I downloaded the game using the Star Trek Online Downloader on the STO site download page. My problem was that it was interrupted, but the incomplete installer files still installed the game and updated it. It let me log in, but immediately locked up because the game was not all there. In desperation, I started the downloaded again. To my surprise and delight it resumed, The progress bar zoomed right up to about 90% and completed the download. It works fine now.