Survivor of Romulus
# 51
05-26-2013, 08:49 AM
I'm experiencing this issue as well. Deleting the file causing the error does not solve the problem; the launcher simply replaces it and goes back into the error-patch loop.
Ensign
# 52
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
I'm experiencing this issue as well. Deleting the file causing the error does not solve the problem; the launcher simply replaces it and goes back into the error-patch loop.
yeah, i'm not using steam and it says that some file is locked because of error 36 or something like that.
Career Officer
# 53
07-25-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of this problem happening over and over.

I've tried to be patient and nice but honestly, how come you can't fix this?
Ensign
# 54
02-28-2014, 07:01 AM
That's the problem I have. It downloaded the patch the this morning and then it just stops when I get the screen with Cryptic on it. Eventually, the error reporter pops up, but I can't do much with it. I hope this issue gets solved.
Ensign
# 55 A little help.
06-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Hi there!
I've been experiencing the same problem and went on trying a few options. It's a really irritating error and I think that a few people are still having problems with it after patch updates [since it's my second time experiencing it after new patches].

Here's a possible solution for:
-PC with Windows 7.

1. You are most likely looking at the error like " WHYY-" right now [I know I did]. Close it. It's better for your health and this way we can go on with step 2.

2. Right click on the desktop icon and choose 'properties'.

3. You'll most likely see a page pop up now. Choose the tab 'Compatibility'.

4. So there should be a checkbox in the lower part of the tab that says:
'Always run as admin'
Check the box and click apply.

Well now you got the launcher set to run as admin immediately, but we still got the patch problem blocking our way. Let's fix that now so you can enjoy the game again.

5. Now click on the launcher. A page will appear asking you to give permission to apply the software to the computer... or something like that [I'm sorry, English isn't my native language. Please forgive me for any typos.] Just click yes, it's completely normal.

6. The launcher loaded and you need to login. Before you do though, go to 'options' and check the box saying 'Force verify'. Then click okay.

5. Log in. Now you are running the program as an admin and have clicked 'Force verify' the game should start patching again. Let it patch completely.

You should be able to go into the game now. I hope it works and have fun gaming

-RG.