Career Officer
# 1 Diplomat that drains wep power
03-01-2014, 04:46 PM
So, what do you ppl make of new space doff that drains wep power upon TT? She's a Voth (space) Diplomat, and drains -35.9 wep power (25% chance) on any team abilty (like TT).

Too bad you can't parse doff procs. But what are your experiences with it?
Commander
# 2
03-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm using her on my sci ship. Max flow capacitor skill plus embassy flow capacitor consoles, she drains 39 weapon power. Ability is capped at once per 5 secs, so there's no point to using more than 1 copy of her.

Tbh I'm not really impressed. I might be wrong on how she works, but from what I can tell the 5 sec rule limits her uses against swarms, and against bigger ships I can already shut down practically all npcs with leech plus tykens so her drain doesn't add much. For me, she'd be more useful if her ability was once per target every 5 secs like the elachi weapons to aoe drain fighter swarms that I have trouble with, as she is right now I'd drop her for the cleanse debuffs on eptx doff if that doff wasn't so darn expensive.

Last edited by no09dysonsphere; 03-01-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Captain
# 3
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
As a tac/drain build I plan to make use of this doff when I get a 6th slot for it.

Between using the doff that grants a 25% chance at a subsystem offline using energy siphon, the mentioned doff, the doff that grants an additional chance of subsystem offline in conjunction with subsystem attacks, phased polaron weapons, tyken's rift, doff with a 1% chance to strip 3 random buffs, dyson set's proton barrage, plasmonic leech and energy siphon you can pretty much devastate any possibility of an enemy having the power to do much for long.

Heck you can even throw in a viral matrix w/doff for even more downtime of enemies, this is a huge benefit not only to yourself, but also to the team.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 03-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere View Post
I'm using her on my sci ship. Max flow capacitor skill plus embassy flow capacitor consoles, she drains 39 weapon power. Ability is capped at once per 5 secs, so there's no point to using more than 1 copy of her.

Tbh I'm not really impressed. I might be wrong on how she works, but from what I can tell the 5 sec rule limits her uses against swarms, and against bigger ships I can already shut down practically all npcs with leech plus tykens so her drain doesn't add much. For me, she'd be more useful if her ability was once per target every 5 secs like the elachi weapons to aoe drain fighter swarms that I have trouble with, as she is right now I'd drop her for the cleanse debuffs on eptx doff if that doff wasn't so darn expensive.
Thx.

Is the power she drains actually being transferred to yourself? For some reason I get the impression it isn't.

And yeah, reason I made the topic is because, so far, I wasn't overly impressed myself yet.
Captain
# 5
03-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Lol, all the drainers came out of the shadows on this topic. That doff's drain goes up pretty high, but I've never tested it to see how it looks when it procs. BTW, 35-39 drain is low compared to where mine is at.
Commander
# 6
03-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Is the power she drains actually being transferred to yourself? For some reason I get the impression it isn't.
I don't think so... I think I would've noticed a huge spike in my weapon power ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Lol, all the drainers came out of the shadows on this topic. That doff's drain goes up pretty high, but I've never tested it to see how it looks when it procs. BTW, 35-39 drain is low compared to where mine is at.
Eh, I prioritize particle generators to boost my gravity well damage, the power drain is just icing on the cake. My tests show she drains an additional .1 power for every point in flow capacitors, so with a full complement of embassy flow capacitor consoles I'd be up to 48.5. But like I said in pve it's hard to imagine a situation that needs that much power drain, at least not for weapons. Shields would be a totally different story.

Last edited by no09dysonsphere; 03-01-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Captain
# 7
03-01-2014, 09:03 PM
I retire my previous comment. That's what happens when I don't write down my equations. Anyway, it can still go higher than 48.5.

Last edited by lucho80; 03-01-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Commander
# 8
03-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
And you failed miserably basic algebra.
*eyeroll* Rather going about with your specious personal attacks how would you calculate it?

The formula I have is (power drained) = 25 + (flow capacitor value) * .1.

When I have 99 flow capacitors, the boff shows 34.9 power drained. When I increased it to 140 flow capacitors, the boff shows 39 power drained. At 131 flow capacitors she drains 38.1 power. These values all line up with the formula. Therefore extrapolating 235 flow capacitors I would drain 48.5 power. The wiki has flow capacitor going up to 255 which would drain 50.5 power.
Captain
# 9
03-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Quote:
The wiki has flow capacitor going up to 255 which would drain 50.5 power.
Here, some more equations:

Solanae 2nd deflector shield drain:
Drain = 0.3335*FC + 66.6

Tetryon glider:
Base drain = 16.23 <- Yes, it's a weird number, and I have no idea what the devs were thinking
Drain = (Base Drain*5)/1000*Flow Caps+Base Drain

Destabilizing Tetryons:
MK XII base drain is 35.25
Drain = ((Base Drain/2)/100*Flow Caps+ Base Drain

Polaron weapons proc energy drain):
Drain = (Flow Capacitors*0.125)+25

Plasmonic Leech drain (per activation):
Drain=(FC*0.01)+1 <- This one I put in the wiki and expanded the table with more values

Energy siphon drain: (Base drain is ES1 = 9; ES2 = 12; ES3 = 15)
Drain = Base Drain*(1+(0.01*FC))

Tachyon Beam Drain:
Drain = Base Drain*(1+(0.01*FC))

FYI - I just pulled out all the stuff from my old posts. This is my weekend gift to the forums. Soon enough it will be buried deep and hard to find again anyway.

Last edited by lucho80; 03-01-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
03-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Quote:
I don't think so... I think I would've noticed a huge spike in my weapon power ...

Eh, I prioritize particle generators to boost my gravity well damage, the power drain is just icing on the cake. My tests show she drains an additional .1 power for every point in flow capacitors, so with a full complement of embassy flow capacitor consoles I'd be up to 48.5. But like I said in pve it's hard to imagine a situation that needs that much power drain, at least not for weapons. Shields would be a totally different story.
Hmm, if the power doesn't go to me, then I'm suddenly a lot less interested. Maybe I should slot the cleanser doff again; or one that gives an aftershock gravity well.

Thx all for your replies, though.