Ensign
Hi, I cant get past the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate. It seems to not be able to connect at all to cryptic and after 4 tries it gives this error "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet Connection. If problems persist please contact Tech support". Everything else that I have works except Crypic games such as STO and Neverwinter. I know my internet works fine because, well, im here posting, lol. If anyone has any information about this that can help me, that would be great.
Ensign
# 2
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I've been working on this problem all day, please see my thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1038811

I hope this helps, good luck!
Ensign
# 3
03-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Ive tried all that, nothing works. I cant even get the client or patcher to load up. No matter what I do it just wont go past the autoupdater.
Ensign
# 4
03-01-2014, 08:31 PM
I realize you may not have gotten to the last part of my thread, about it being an ISP DNS issue. The only workaround I have tried is a VPN service (AKA another ISP) which does allow me to log into the game. I'm not sure if it's an approved method or whatever, but it could work for you too

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=14

Last edited by borgmonkey2; 03-01-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typos
Ensign
# 5
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Yes well I have tried this Hotspot Shield suggestion but not only did it not let me even get to the launcher, but it also instantly gave me a virus that I now have to contend with and remove. I guess all I can do is wait for an official PWI tech person to get ahold of me, if that ever happens.