Lt. Commander
# 1 Do embassy -th consoles stack?
02-28-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm pulling insane amounts of aggro for some reason, even just auto-firing. Do these things stack their -Th effect?
Career Officer
# 2
02-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes, they do.
Captain
# 3
03-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Stf pugs these days are filled with ppl stacking -th consoles in an arms race to the bottom...
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
# 4
03-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
Stf pugs these days are filled with ppl stacking -th consoles in an arms race to the bottom...
yeah...

Every time I see an engineer in a cruiser sporting them I die a little on the inside. Not that they must be "tanks" but come on...

For me though, I've been using +th consoles and doffed APD on a lot of my ships just to make STFs a little more interesting. Nothing like taking ALL the agro in my little armatage

See what I've had to do for fun in STFs......I'm looking at you cryptic....
Captain
# 5
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
yes, either that or DPS of the next person on the aggro leather is so miserable, that no amount of -th could compensate.
when you are doing, on average, 2-3 times the dps and dmg of the second person in the parsed data, -th didn't even kick in.

what also seems to help, not much but still, to not be the first to fire on a target.

on my engi captains i actually use +th consoles, just to do the rest of the grp a favour...and an engi can normaly take the beating anyway, regardless of ship.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 6
03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
yes, either that or DPS of the next person on the aggro leather is so miserable, that no amount of -th could compensate.
when you are doing, on average, 2-3 times the dps and dmg of the second person in the parsed data, -th didn't even kick in.

what also seems to help, not much but still, to not be the first to fire on a target.

on my engi captains i actually use +th consoles, just to do the rest of the grp a favour...and an engi can normaly take the beating anyway, regardless of ship.
Funny you should say 2-3 times the dps. A single -th console decrease aggro by 2/3. You're back to starting point. The problem is when everyone else is sporting 2-3 -th consoles.
Critical Hit Calculator
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Well I'm flying a fleet nova, which isn't exactly tanky. I've been managing my cooldowns and abilites a little better to stay alive, but I still get waxed half the time, and I draw aggro seemingly just for existing. I can pull things I haven't even targeted.