Lt. Commander
Has the developers and programmers team been looking into the side of all extra hardware utilities that could be used in STO yet ?
I have for instance a cyborg joystick and a Saitek progamer-command unit that i wanted too try out on the beta and could not seem to attach the system of these hardware componments in any way .
My primary use is the Saitek ProGamer-Command Unit this is a controller that could basicly replace allmost 70% of the whole keyboard set-up that is now default working in the STO Beta . I can attach each keyboard key onto this controller but that would then exclude the full use of the small analog joystick it has for the thumb .
If there is a possibility to make it work that the software recognizes the STO software that would significantly improve game play a lot .

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/cyborgcommand.htm

I have been playing Star wars online for like 6 years and have used first the belkin nostromo ( which is also good ) and the saitek in that time span of play , and on ground and even in space i manage to adjust its set up almost to its best ability then . This made me enjoy playing an online MMO or such a lot more simply because i managed to have the grip on my gameplay lay-out for all that time .

Please add any of your example controllers or gamepads or joysticks that you have been using over the year in this thread so maybe the programmers and developers could have a better understanding and insight on what is commonly used by so many online players within the MMO comunity .
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 09:45 AM
All of these devices such as the Belkin Nostromo N52, Logitech G13, and Saitek various left-hand controllers should have their own software to program the devices to map keybindings, create macros, etc.

I have a Nostromo N52 and one Saitek left-hand controller, as well as a Logitech G19 keyboard, so I'm well aware of how to configure these.

That stuff doesn't need to be in the STO client.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
All of these devices such as the Belkin Nostromo N52, Logitech G13, and Saitek various left-hand controllers should have their own software to program the devices to map keybindings, create macros, etc.

I have a Nostromo N52 and one Saitek left-hand controller, as well as a Logitech G19 keyboard, so I'm well aware of how to configure these.

That stuff doesn't need to be in the STO client.
support for gamepads such as the xbox360 controller on the other hand does need to be put in, however i think there are more important issues that need to be fixed first
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
support for gamepads such as the xbox360 controller on the other hand does need to be put in, however i think there are more important issues that need to be fixed first
Yup, I agree. They do have support for XBox 360 controllers, though, because they've been testing STO and using the client on the XBox 360 internally. Though there is red tape and they don't have any official announcement on releasing for it yet. So nothing in the beta clients for it, but they have it internally. Therefore it will most likely be in-game at some point.