Survivor of Romulus
# 11
03-02-2014, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icyglaze View Post
I was having the same issue before this most recent patch. I resolved it by going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\localdata" and deleting the .pref file there. Next, I would run the launcher, causing it to generate a new .pref. At this point the game would make it past the LoR loading screen and into the game.

Buuuuut since the last patch, this muddy work-around no longer works.

Idk if this helps at all, but if anyone can go on from this, great! If not, There's always SWTOR.
which pref file?

FXPrefs or gameprefs?

funny (AND ANNOYING) thing is...I was able go play sto just fine 2-3 days ago.....went to play just now and am stuck at the stupid LoR screen for 10 minutes before Alt+F4 (though i can just close it with TM) Running win 8.1, havent had issues with any other game

however when i first started sto on this laptop a bout a week ago i would be stuck at the LoR loading screen for 5-10 mins...then get to the login screen as it DCed me -_-....rarely was i able to get into the Character select screen...at least i unlocked the uniform and the lobi shuttle.

and this was AFTER deleting my steam version and reDLing with ARC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p