Republic Veteran
I'm trying to show a friend how to play STO, and they're using my network here while I am. The problem is, neither STO client can actually connect to the login server.

Is this by-design, or what? I'd really like to show my friend how to get started in STO and join him on some of the starter missions to jump-start his STO gaming career.
Career Officer
# 2
03-02-2014, 12:18 PM
If he is trying to log in through Arc can you both bypass it and just launch the launcher directly from the install folder?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
If he is trying to log in through Arc can you both bypass it and just launch the launcher directly from the install folder?
Well, he's using a version of STO that was pre-Arc, and doesn't have the Arc client on his system. He registered, but he never really got into the whole gameplay thing.

I do have the Arc client, but I can test launching without Arc to see if that makes a difference. Let me test that and I'll get back to you.

Last edited by evilresistance1; 03-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
We were both able to get on with the launcher directly, although I think the login server is lagging to both of our STO connections, but it works. Thanks.