Captain
# 1 Combat Supply is super cool!
02-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Once upon a time it was worthless. Now it spawns little buffs like you find in the battlezone!

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
# 2
02-26-2014, 06:54 PM
I might need to check it out then. I have not looked at that Skill in a loooooong time.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM
yeah it's neat, but the buffs only last 1 min

I might start using it if/when they change kits.
Captain
# 4
02-26-2014, 10:28 PM
while the clunk of acquiring the buffs has been improved significantly over the;
pick up items > equip items > open ability list > place icon > go

its still a gimmick.

i have no control over teh buffs,
i have to do a chicken dance to chase shiney magic hologrames which often meant breaking cover that im using to get my shield back.
and if a try to pre-buff to make up for the lack of other.

and as far as ability crafting goes, its still far from viable (even if not quite the nightmare it used to be), since it still:
--requires over a second of animation lock glueing you to the floor to activate.
--requires you be tied to a location to pick up the buffs, since it takes 30+ seconds to collect the buffs that are spat over a 30 meter area.
---that bit gets even worse if there are more than one person going for them
--completely ignored by boffs
-- wares off before you even get into combat after using it, (unless you want run around chasing shinies while being killed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
# 5
02-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
while the clunk of acquiring the buffs has been improved significantly over the;
pick up items > equip items > open ability list > place icon > go

its still a gimmick.

i have no control over teh buffs,
i have to do a chicken dance to chase shiney magic hologrames which often meant breaking cover that im using to get my shield back.
and if a try to pre-buff to make up for the lack of other.

and as far as ability crafting goes, its still far from viable (even if not quite the nightmare it used to be), since it still:
--requires over a second of animation lock glueing you to the floor to activate.
--requires you be tied to a location to pick up the buffs, since it takes 30+ seconds to collect the buffs that are spat over a 30 meter area.
---that bit gets even worse if there are more than one person going for them
--completely ignored by boffs
-- wares off before you even get into combat after using it, (unless you want run around chasing shinies while being killed).

I think the 30-ish seconds is more geared towards the bunkering engineer. They shortened the distance buffs shoot out so you don't have to go chasing them.

But yeah, the duration is way too short right now. 60 seconds isn't quite worth it for me. Maybe when they change kit powers I'll set myself up with all the fabrications, mines, and combat supply. Maybe...
Captain
# 6
02-27-2014, 01:01 AM
I think on other problem is that before all your team got an equally rubbish supply. As in it was the same, for all your team.

Now some numpty enables suck on their vacuum cleaner and the engineer stands there crying at no buffs, the rest of the team starts crying because there's no buffs and the guy that hoovered them all up is going Rambo into on shot kills wasting the buffs.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 7
02-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Covershield + fabrication engineer -> Med gen + transporter officer -> combat supply.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Actually, the really weird thing about Combat Supply is the interaction between it and the Quartermaster DOffs that reduced the cooldown on Combat Supply.

Base Cooldown: 120 seconds
White Quartermaster: -30 seconds
Green Quartermaster: -45 seconds
Blue Quartermaster: -60 seconds
Purple Quartermaster: -90 seconds
Shared Ability Cooldown Limit ... 90 seconds.

So essentially slotting any Quartermaster beyond White is "wasted" (unless if hit with something that adversely debuffs cooldown speeds). The Combat Supply Box sticks around for 30 seconds, and the Buffs it spews last 60 seconds ... so it kind of makes sense why the Cooldown time limit should be set for 90 seconds, so as to prevent Buff Stacking Weirdness.

Combat Supply I, on a BOff, is one of the sillier options. The BOff uses it and then ignores the fact that they did anything. Haven't tried seeing yet if setting up two (or more) Engineering BOffs, all with Combat Supply I, allows the buff skittles to stack (since they're not coming from the same caster as far as the programming is concerned). If they do, I can easily imagine people might start running around with 4 Engineering BOffs for ground, all skilled in:
Chroniton Mines I
Weapon Turret I
Mortar I
Combat Supply I

Put the Combat Supply BOff skills in your own tray, round robin click them all (or macro them) to all deploy Combat Supply I at the same time, scarf up all the skittles for x3 to x4 buffing on your Captain and then proceed to lay waste for the next half minute ... before doing it all over again before the next fight.

Nah, I'm sure that Cryptic thought of that one already ...
Lieutenant
# 9
03-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Got the Purple Doff and was quite peeved at the lack of cooldown reduction on such a lack luster ability. At least at a 30 sec. cooldown it would have been slightly worth it in its current configuration. As it is right now I feel cheated.