Lt. Commander
# 1 Pre-order/Steam returns
01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
I order the pre-order of STO, but have decided to cancel my order. Where do you contact Steam and/or Cryptic to cancel a pre-order? This is why buying in store is so much better than buying Direct to Download. Any help please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 02:15 PM
It's very doubtful you will get a refund off steam, as its usually sold "as is". Though it doesnt hurt to try. Just stand your ground, be polite, but firm.

Cryptic will not deal with refunds, you need to contact steam/valve.

EDIT:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-WTDF-9465

Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickc View Post
I order the pre-order of STO, but have decided to cancel my order. Where do you contact Steam and/or Cryptic to cancel a pre-order? This is why buying in store is so much better than buying Direct to Download. Any help please?
i would imaging, to talk to steam you would use the support button at the bottom of their program. I would suggest you hurry as their page says they will give a refund but only for preorders before the release date. what stem considers their release date is anyone's guess, since you have recieved a product from them (ie the beta access code and a download of the beta game) they may consider it past the "release date"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotmagnet
i would imaging, to talk to steam you would use the support button at the bottom of their program. I would suggest you hurry as their page says they will give a refund but only for preorders before the release date. what stem considers their release date is anyone's guess, since you have recieved a product from them (ie the beta access code and a download of the beta game) they may consider it past the "release date"
Release date is just that. Feb 2nd, 2010. Pre Order bonuses do not count.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Thank you for your responses everyone. I'll send them an email I guess