Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 714
# 141
03-01-2014, 11:50 AM
This is STILL going on? Proto...if they cannot see reason then they should see the business end of a Distruptor....as it activates...


Lets settle this in kerrat, All you Empire loving fools can find me there. R.R.W. Raptor star.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 276
# 142
03-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
One common practice does not an identity make. In the beginning of any polity, a government is necessary for guidance and establishment; there is no statement that Senators will always be appointed. The difference is that the Romulan Star Empire was not just beginning, but had existed for over a thousand years when Sela took the reins and pushed the reinstatement of dissolute "noble" families to power merely because of her prejudices without regard to their qualifications or loyalty, whereas D'Tan appointed heroes of the Republic who had shown their competence and loyalty. If D'Tan should go crazy, he will be replaced. When he dies, a successor will be chosen. The Republic does not require a strong man to think for its citizens, unlike the slaves of the Empire who have been conditioned to fear independent thought lest they be imprisoned or murdered, or worse.



The Tal'Shiar made those accusations to cover their own behinds after their unprovoked and unjustified attack on Virinat. There is no civil war (although there was more than one under the Empire). Your hysteria over alliance with the Federation and Klingon Empire is irrational.



The Way of D'Era is a sourcebook for a roleplaying game, not a novel. It is not canon, nor are any novels considered canon in the sense of "hard canon," although many may accept these or those novels as "soft canon." My sources are plainly stated at the end of my discussion of Romulan identity, culture, and history. I did not make it up, but did extensive research. I recommend you do likewise, because you are the one digging a hole for yourself through claims based on ignorance of the sources.



There is no flaw in my Logic, whereas I have shown repeated fallacy in claims made by you and other imperialists, and I have spoken only the truth, whereas you have spat lies and deceit (again, didn't I say something about "projection" rather recently?). Of course the STO galaxy map shows only "Romulan" territory, not specific to "Empire" or "Republic."


At some point ill get you the shovel to dig yourself out of that hole you put yourself in Now you really not making sense. The Rihannsu way and Way of D'era are the closest thing to content, government, history, military info, etc (soft canon) for most Romulan groups. Obviously your researched is flawed and therefore made of up nonsense as before you said the Tal Diann had lots of info, then you said that there is nothing cannon so by your statement alone saying you did lots of research then you should then know there is nothing to be researched. At some point you can give up and realize that most people prefer the Star Empire set of Romulans that we are accustomed to over the hippy Romulans that are of the Republic. Unlike you I do not force my opinions or philosophies on other groups as I have noticed your posts around here. Everyone is entitled to there opinions but do not state false information or make things up.

If you wish to meet in deep space and allow me to show you the true error of your ways in PvP I would be happy to show you the true power of the Imperial Fleet and allow you to see that the Empire is definetly alive and well
Republic Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,532
# 143
03-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihandheno View Post
At some point ill get you the shovel to dig yourself out of that hole you put yourself in Now you really not making sense. The Rihannsu way and Way of D'era are the closest thing to content, government, history, military info, etc (soft canon) for most Romulan groups. Obviously your researched is flawed and therefore made of up nonsense as before you said the Tal Diann had lots of info, then you said that there is nothing cannon so by your statement alone saying you did lots of research then you should then know there is nothing to be researched. At some point you can give up and realize that most people prefer the Star Empire set of Romulans that we are accustomed to over the hippy Romulans that are of the Republic. Unlike you I do not force my opinions or philosophies on other groups as I have noticed your posts around here. Everyone is entitled to there opinions but do not state false information or make things up.

If you wish to meet in deep space and allow me to show you the true error of your ways in PvP I would be happy to show you the true power of the Imperial Fleet and allow you to see that the Empire is definetly alive and well
Denialism
Negationism
Willful Ignorance
Anti-intellectualism
Straw Man
The Big Lie in Propaganda

Really.

Oh, and yeah, Argumentum ad Baculum, too. Goodness. Truth is not determined by force, but if it were, the clear victors would already be those in the Republic, who have defeated every effort of the Tal'Shiar and their delusional followers to conquer and enslave our people.

I've shown your fallacies and errors repeatedly, and yet you keep coming back for more. You keep spouting the Big Lie in the hope that repetition will bring acceptance. It will not. The people of the Republic are not that stupid.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,066
# 144
03-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Novels and RPG supplements have, sadly, never EVER been listed as canon, yet they are all we have to go on.
Seriously tho... the old Empire is dead people... rudderless, corrupt, half glues to what is left of the Tal Shiar. End its suffering already. The Republic is a comical farce pretending to be a government while selling our blood to others. Seriously, how many "alliances" require you to fly your warbird, and risk your crew for your "ally" in their space to deal with their internal issues? Oh and while you do that, you're constantly referred to as a member of your "ally's" faction.... lolwut?

Cast off both and let us give rise to the Raptor Empire, neither wholly built upon the failures of either the old Star Empire nor the Republic, but learning from these mistakes and building something solid for us to build upon.



-----
side note... is it too much to ask those that want to try and snipe with protogoth to please spend and extra minute or two to clean up your posts and make sure you're spelling is correct and you are using the correct words? Even Im about ready to go grammar and spelling nazi.....
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 276
# 145
03-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Denialism
Negationism
Willful Ignorance
Anti-intellectualism
Straw Man
The Big Lie in Propaganda

Really.

Oh, and yeah, Argumentum ad Baculum, too. Goodness. Truth is not determined by force, but if it were, the clear victors would already be those in the Republic, who have defeated every effort of the Tal'Shiar and their delusional followers to conquer and enslave our people.

I've shown your fallacies and errors repeatedly, and yet you keep coming back for more. You keep spouting the Big Lie in the hope that repetition will bring acceptance. It will not. The people of the Republic are not that stupid.


*Yells for Protogoth* Where have you gone to? *Looks around and sees nothing but hears a faint sound underneath the ground* Looks like you buried yourself in links and propaganda that is unrelavent and deceitful. Tssk tssk guess ill grab a shovel and start digging you out.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17,488
# 146
03-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihandheno View Post
*Yells for Protogoth* Where have you gone to? *Looks around and sees nothing but hears a faint sound underneath the ground* Looks like you buried yourself in links and propaganda that is unrelavent and deceitful. Tssk tssk guess ill grab a shovel and start digging you out.
Really?

The Star Empire was good. Key word: WAS.

Now it's as good as dead, and the remains are being cannibalized by the Tal Shiar who have gone off the deep end.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 447
# 147
03-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Really?

The Star Empire was good. Key word: WAS.

Now it's as good as dead, and the remains are being cannibalized by the Tal Shiar who have gone off the deep end.
couldnt have put it better myself.

The Empire is dead, Long Live the Republic, or infact which ever side pays me the best, tho remnants of the empire can eat my plasma torps for all i care.

Personally i couldnt care for all the politics, aslong as they run the Republic right then they will be fine, if not, well disruptors dont have a stun setting, so a replacement will be found.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 170
# 148
03-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihandheno View Post
Appointed by who!? They are terrorist and will be executed as such for crimes against the Empire...
The difference between a terrorist and a revolutionist is terrorists attack and kill civilians. Last time I looked, that was the Tal'Shiar/Empire specialty.
www.RIHANNSU.org
Romulan Institute


D'Galan - Tal'Diann - khre'Enriov - Engineer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108
# 149
03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm kind of glad I stopped watching this thread for a while because DANG this has gotten out of hand, I mean wow where did all the voices of reason go? I've seen Klingon bars at closing with nicer conversations going on. Protogoth trying to bully their way to a conclusion, while others are trying to argue in character where Protogoth excels.

So leaving out soft canon the Romulans are kind of mean guys but in a much more pragmatic way than the Cardassians and not just the Tal Shiar (a homage to the Tal Shaya martial art by the writers not Intelligence) but all of the RSE, it is just that they are the best at it. They are not goatee stroking villains like the "bad Romulans" in the game though (ironic due to the lack of in game goatees for them) Three examples: the Commander from the Chase and the science ship Commander from the Voyager episode with the wormhole and Jarok.

Finally speaking Romulan doesn't make you an expert on Romulans so don't try to overawe us with it.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
# 150
03-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Maybe I've been spending too much time among our Vulcan cousins, but I see no logic in a return to the old ways.
When a methodology has been revealed as faulty, it should be abandoned. Lies and treachery, schemes in the shadows; these are the behaviours that brought our race to its knees. Shinzon and Tal'Aura shattered the empire, left it weak and disunited when our people most needed a strong leadership. Hobus. Our own leaders made a subspace bomb out of a star and turned it on us. Did this make us strong? We have been refugees for years because of the old ways. Now that we are building a new home, why would we return to the ideals that destroyed our old home?
The Tal Shiar ally themselves with the Iconians in the hopes of picking at the crumbs that fall from the master's table - they sell the Romulan people as slaves to these masters, or pervert their minds... make them do terrible things... twist them up so tight that worlds blur together and beloved allies become hated foes and you.......
Whatever they once were, the Tal Shiar are slaves to a foreign power, and they intend to see us all enslaved with them. I refuse to be a slave to anyone.

To continue with the old ways, to embrace the Tal Shiar, logically, is inconceivable, emotionally, is abhorrent. If we walk that path, we walk to our doom.
I'm not a Romulan doctor, but I play one on STO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.