Commander
# 11
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
Because some fleet overlords are WAY too controlling. I assume this guy is, or is becoming, one of them.
And that's so wrong if they want to give better bonuses/privileges to players who contribute harder to obtain materials (ex. Dilithium) rather than those who spend only FM and EXP which you get for free from almost every endgame content.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Rihannsu
# 12
03-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
And that's so wrong if they want to give better bonuses/privileges to players who contribute harder to obtain materials (ex. Dilithium) rather than those who spend only FM and EXP which you get for free from almost every endgame content.
Because those are already weighted and Dilithium is easy to find, there even something that gives as many Dilithium as you like, its called "Dilithium Exchange" and yes, might cost money if you go down that way but then again, this isnt charity.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-03-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
The rewards system implied here is a very biased one. I've seen it more than once in my time in STO. Usually the people who contribute the most DIL and FM get all the perks. Whatever the bias, It isn't fair. Assuming you have mostly new-ish players, they all have about the same amount of resources. That said, there should be more balance in how said fleet distributes its rewards. Energy Credits are easy to find, too. Does that mean resources purchased on the exchange aren't worth as much, even though projects require quite a gew of said provisions?
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{DS9 Coming soon!}<

Last edited by daqhegh; 03-03-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Community Moderator
# 14
03-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There is also the Roster that you can select the last column so it shows total contributions. Handy for those fleets that require X Fleet Credits to be promoted to the next level so players can purchase items from the Fleet Store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyckath View Post
Thanks, didn't know this and will hopefully find it handy.
I missed that, too.

Don't have a hard contribution requirement in our fleet thus far, but nice to know it's there.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
# 15
03-04-2014, 04:18 PM
As a leader of a fleet and a big Dilithium contributor, I could see a use for such a system. There are several members of my fleet that absolutely refuse to contribute Dilithium to anything but their own ships (IE, fleet gear) That being said I hope to see something that breaks down contributions in the future but I am not holding my breath.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
03-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
Because some fleet overlords are WAY too controlling. I assume this guy is, or is becoming, one of them.
Assumption is the mother of all F**k ups! And to clarify the point in question. Our fleet set a rule that people may only contribute 10% of the total fleet marks/expertise required for a given project each day as to give others in our fleet a fair shot at earning some easy fleet credit with out having to fork out ec all the while. Because as someone else stated previously Fleet marks and expertise are relatively easy to obtain.
Those that can, will and those that can't will Aux2bat everything or cry "Nerf"
I've three manned CGE & IGE, two manned KAGE and IGN all with optionals
Commander
# 17
03-07-2014, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwished View Post
Our fleet set a rule that people may only contribute 10% of the total fleet marks/expertise required for a given project each day as to give others in our fleet a fair shot at earning some easy fleet credit with out having to fork out ec all the while. Because as someone else stated previously Fleet marks and expertise are relatively easy to obtain.
I must say it's nice rule which gives everyone in fleet pretty much same chance to earn fast FC.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."