Lt. Commander
# 1 conni in STF
03-07-2014, 03:55 AM
I took my conni into and elite sft..

retro weapons etc..

the amount off abuse I got... from hardened STF'ers..

NOOB...

I was only using retro phasers, cause numpties don't know how to control torpedo fire, and keep blowing up the gens too fast..

so i used my sci boff to repulse the spheres..

what a battering i got...

Plz don't mention elite pvp..!

they don't like my yellowstones...

www.spacewolves.org
Career Officer
# 2
03-07-2014, 04:00 AM
I once took in a Miranda. Cause I was bored.

Wasn't called anything nasty, they just served me my warp core on a shiny Latinum plate.

=3
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.

I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble =3
Career Officer
# 3
03-07-2014, 04:28 AM
I use a Mk I phaser stun pistol on the ground only because I've gotten into roleplaying STO. It gets boring going in there and pwning face so much so I like to challenge myself

ironically, it is actually good enough to take down borg pretty fast. Once I get their shields down that is lol (and with my tachyeon harmonics ability that takes like 2 seconds)
Captain
# 4
03-07-2014, 04:35 AM
I'd always be up for fun actions like that if they are planned....
But in an open STF-Q this should be forbidden, sorry.

You wouldn't get hate from me, I'd just leave if i'd see someone doing that. And he'd end on my igno. I understand that you are bored, but other are not and do that for marks and depend on a team. And you are ruining their game. And that is a very antisocial behavior.
Support more story content in STO
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post

You wouldn't get hate from me, I'd just leave if i'd see someone doing that. And he'd end on my igno. I understand that you are bored, but other are not and do that for marks and depend on a team. And you are ruining their game. And that is a very antisocial behavior.
Kinda have to agree with this.

In a private group, whatever goes if your group allow, but a lot of people use the public queue system as solo players, who are grinding marks, leveling up alts etc....

I'm all for choices in the game, I'm all for few restrictions if any at all, but I also think you should be considerate to other players and not mess with their gameplay.
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 6
03-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:

As long as they are holding their own in the fight (and I've seen some people in tier 1 ships completely out fly some top of the line ships) I really have no issue with it. Hell, I've done it myself a few times with my (now mothballed) mirranda and I currently enjoy doing it in my TOS connie the U.S.S. BLUE FALCON. Loads of fun.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Career Officer
# 7
03-07-2014, 09:06 AM
ive always wanted to fly a miranda in an stf, but ive never had the equipment to do it.

you ask if you had? i would take the miranda into the fight and if people curse me, so what, i go out there show em what a t1 miranda can do! it beats up some ships well then there is hope for a t5 miranda... just one day enough support comes for it
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Shouldve did that in a private match...just another reason they need to ban pre 40 ships in elites...you basically handicapped your team, which could have caused a optional fail.

Dont agree with the name calling, I wouldve asked everyone to simply leave you to solo the stf, then go spend a hour either farming Kerrat or chatting in esd lol...if people want to troll let them...just let them troll alone
Commander
# 9
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:

Funny you should mention that...I've been considering trying to put together some fun STF action with Tier-1 and 2 ships...I'm not much of an organizer, though...I generally just suggest the ideas, and let someone else work out the logistics....

...that said, though, I'm -all in- on a pure Tier-1 STF run or 2...; though on my main lv 50 Fed character, my TOS Connie's going in there with the best equipment I can put on it, aside from the Retro Phaser banks, which stay out of pure nostalgia...; toss me a message in-game, sometime!
Boot to the Head!

...and one for Jenny and the wimp....
Captain
# 10
03-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsremnant View Post
Shouldve did that in a private match...just another reason they need to ban pre 40 ships in elites...you basically handicapped your team, which could have caused a optional fail.
Extending that logic , a person doing 5k DPS in some 2500 Zen super-ship is allowed to stay yet someone kicking out 10k DPS with their little Miranda has to leave purely because they've turned up with their little Miranda?

Granted, there aren't many people capable of out-gunning T5s with T1s, but that doesn't mean those who can do it shouldn't be allowed to.